How to use Teflon tape correctly?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to use Teflon tape correctly?

in my view, she was on the apron, on a stool. they never showed a wide angle.

typically a head was ruffed in at 5'10'' to fit inside of the fiberglass walls of the tub/ shw.

truthfully, i was really shocked that a real pro didn't review the show prior to airing. what a joke of an example. between the pliers being used backwards, to the lack of teflon, using siccors, ect. i think we need a review committe to approve this show.

even tim allan was more realistic and his show was a comedy

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

even tim allan was more realistic and his show was a comedy

rick.
      It was?
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I really think amy in the last few seconds of the clip show what most people think about plumbers in general. That is, It ain't rocket science people. Sure she can inprove on her technic. But she sure is skilled at wipeing that shower pipe off.

Comment

And they didn't show if it sprung a leak at the head.

She'd be good at a trade show...
          Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

"Wipe off any plumber's putty out of the threads?" They oughtta be ashamed of themselves. The horror, the horror.

Comment

Am I the only one who finds it disturbing that the "hottest thread" for the last two weeks, and going on twenty posts is "How to use Teflon tape correctly"?
              the dog

Comment

Originally posted by plumbdog10 View Post
                Am I the only one who finds it disturbing that the "hottest thread" for the last two weeks, and going on twenty posts is "How to use Teflon tape correctly"?
                It was that dam westcoastplumber, that got us into a frenze with that video, plus we new if we kept commenting about it, you would be barking soon.

Comment

Originally posted by plumbdog10 View Post
                  actually it was arrons job photos that set the servers on fire

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

actually it was arrons job photos that set the servers on fire

rick.
                    There are members who want a pro's only forum. I guess we can discuss:

Application of pipe dope.

How to properley use a screw driver

How to use a pipe wrench

What the little lines between the inch marks mean on a tape measure.

This is quickly becoming a joke. A bunch of "so called plumbers" anylizing a tape of some housewife explaining the correct proceedure for installing a shower head. And there are morons citiqueing it.

I'm glad I work in the commercial area, and would never resort to residential.
                    the dog

Comment

I Mean't The Whole Thing As A Joke, I Thought It Was Funny As Heck, I Didn't Think It Would Be So Important, Remember, I Posted It To The "diyers" I Am Glad It Was Fun And Evoked Emotion:d Dog, I Will Have To Look For One On How To Properly Read A Tape Measure Or How To Install A Bead Of Caulk
                      sigpic

Robert

Comment

While you are at it Robert, see if you can find a video of how to correctly use a pair of ChanneLocks and send the link to Richard Trethewey of PBS's "Ask This Old House". He has trouble remembering which way to position them and also when to NOT use them. Sometimes he even forgets and calls ChanneLocks a pipe wrench. I watched him void the warranty on his pipe wrenches the other day using a length of 1-1/2 as a cheater on the handle of a 14" (hopefully RIDGID) pipe wrench. You'd think if they needed to add a little persuasion they would do it off camera huh?
                        "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                        John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Thats just great. I think it would be a good idea for these networks to pay a professional for his opinion, but then again, if that happened, we wouldn't have as much fun as we do
                          sigpic

Robert

Comment

the tv plumbers are playing to the camera, and goofballs to boot!

Comment

I laughed, I cried, I was on the edge of my seat.

Comment

well i just had a long winded post and joey knocked me off and i lost it.

basically teflon is a product of dupont. it comes in different mil thicknesses and different widths. 1/2'' being the most popular, 3/4'' and 1'' typically used too on larger piping.

the basic color is white and yellow is typically used on gas. makes no difference as it's just a thicker mil and color coded yellow.

4-6 wraps are great. just don't back off a tightened fitting or you will probably leak. don't overlap the end of the pipe, especially on gas.

don't allow the tape to fray, especially on the cheap stuff.

well the rest is in the toilet now, thanks mrs. seat down

rick.
                                just reading forums to learn new stuff and quick question, what do you mean don't overlap the end of the pipe, especially on gas? not exactly following this

Comment

Working...
                                X