Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to use Teflon tape correctly?

Originally posted by Kraze View Post
    just reading forums to learn new stuff and quick question, what do you mean don't overlap the end of the pipe, especially on gas? not exactly following this
    teflon will shred off if it's run past the end of the threads/ starting threads.

gas being low pressure will not flush out and will get stuck in the gas regulators, orfices, valves. not a good thing.

glad to see you're reading some old post. there is tons of good reading that goes back for years.

the best is when an old post is responded to 5 years later. just like last weeks electric tubing cutter thread

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      teflon will shred off if it's run past the end of the threads/ starting threads.

gas being low pressure will not flush out and will get stuck in the gas regulators, orfices, valves. not a good thing.

glad to see you're reading some old post. there is tons of good reading that goes back for years.

the best is when an old post is responded to 5 years later. just like last weeks electric tubing cutter thread

rick.

ahh i c, good point! yeh I don't do things like work with gas lines much and probably safter that way, but it made me curious. Yeh i really enjoy reading forums, And I just found out who dog was by the guy(wagon somebody) who asked about how to solder a joint cuse it came loose in which Pcrack said it was only in 1/16 inch, and you suggested shark fittings. He was soo mad about the free advice...Kinda understand where he's coming from, but thats why these forums start. I give away free advice to people on yahoo answers all time. Glad I found this place, you guys seem cool and definitly is a great place to learn. But then again with it being 1:30 am where i am and bein on here all day im sure its going to be a waste of alot of my time when I shoudl be at the jobsite.
      P.s. the wagon dude never did reply what he ended up doing, That would kinda aggitate me to a point.

Thanks for the Answer

Kraze..

Comment

Hey Dog , I have always stated and voted on just one section for us contractors to discuss business . THe chat room is good but the timing is tough for some . But I say as long as it's a COMPLETELY open forum you are going to have to deal with mickey mouse redundant questions . Don't beat yourself up man .

Comment

Originally posted by plumbdog10 View Post
          There are members who want a pro's only forum. I guess we can discuss:

Application of pipe dope.

How to properley use a screw driver

How to use a pipe wrench

What the little lines between the inch marks mean on a tape measure.

This is quickly becoming a joke. A bunch of "so called plumbers" anylizing a tape of some housewife explaining the correct proceedure for installing a shower head. And there are morons citiqueing it.

I'm glad I work in the commercial area, and would never resort to residential.

I found the thread pretty entertaining, if nothing else it started some harmless banter, which 90% of the people on the forum seem to enjoy participating in. I think a good rule is if you don't like the thread, quit reading. Better yet don't post in it just to point out how dumb it is. Maybe you didnt notice, (Though I'm sure you have) but every time you make a comment like that, it causes about 15 posts just like this one responding to it. So if you're SO concerned about the quality and content of the forum, keep the negative sh!t to yourself.
          West Trail Mechanical Ltd
          Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

Originally posted by plumbdog10 View Post
            There are members who want a pro's only forum. I guess we can discuss:

Application of pipe dope.

How to properley use a screw driver

How to use a pipe wrench

What the little lines between the inch marks mean on a tape measure.

This is quickly becoming a joke. A bunch of "so called plumbers" anylizing a tape of some housewife explaining the correct proceedure for installing a shower head. And there are morons citiqueing it.

I'm glad I work in the commercial area, and would never resort to residential.

Dog,
            what does resorting to residential mean?

Bogart

Comment

Working...
            X