X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disposal switch options

Does anyone have any creative ideas for garbage disposal switches? I can't get one into the wall at this point and so far the options seem to be:

1) one just inside the sink base (not so convenient)
    2) one of the pricey remote air switches (pretty neat all in all though)
    3) buy a unit with a "cover switch"

Looking for some other possible options for a 1/2 to 3/4 hp unit in a new installation.

Re: Disposal switch options

a switch inside the cabinet, at the front, mounted in arms length.
    sigpic

Robert

Comment

Why not go with a batch feed disposer rather than continuous feed?
      You will never expand your mind, if you do not challenge your beliefs.

By the reading of this post, you acknowledge and agree that the poster shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content contained herein.

Comment

Continuous feed and batch feed garbage disposers operate in the same way, the only difference is how you turn them on. Continuous feed garbage disposers have a wall switch that is used to turn the unit on and off. Batch feed units are operated by a special stopper that activates a switch. To turn on a batch feed model, place the stopper in the disposer opening, turn it and away it goes.
        You will never expand your mind, if you do not challenge your beliefs.

By the reading of this post, you acknowledge and agree that the poster shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content contained herein.

Comment

Batch feed disposal, I learn something new every day who makes it honda?? Insinkerator? which model??

Thanks for the product info
          sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Hondahead View Post
            Why not go with a batch feed disposer rather than continuous feed?
            Thats exactly what I suggest when installing a new one, easier than carving up walls to put a switch in...usually the electric can be snaked from under through the basement.

Comment

Originally posted by nervous View Post
              Does anyone have any creative ideas for garbage disposal switches? I can't get one into the wall at this point and so far the options seem to be:

1) one just inside the sink base (not so convenient)
              2) one of the pricey remote air switches (pretty neat all in all though)
              3) buy a unit with a "cover switch"

Looking for some other possible options for a 1/2 to 3/4 hp unit in a new installation.

the pricey air switch is about $40.00. you do not want a batch feed unit. i've taken them out for customers and have never installed one.

the air switch is the way to go. all you need is an electrical outlet under the cabinet. insinkerator also makes them.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

With the batch feed garbage disposals, you can't run any water when using it since the cover is in the way. Even though its great when it comes to safety, in my opinion, it's easier for it to get clogged up.
                YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

Batch feed units ar elimited and generally more expensive. I am leaning towards the air switch for their ease of install and clean finished look. Thanks to all. Be sure to look for my next exciting disposal thread...

Comment

Working...
                  X