X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Necessary Education for Young Plumbers

I wish my Plumbing Training had included more on the Legal side of things. Contracts, Pursuing non Payers, Licensing etc.

Ive learnt some things the hard way, and in my view any Trade should make more of an effort to educate apprentices in this, or at least make them aware of what resources are available in terms of Legal Advice.

Trade Associations are a great place to start.

Just something i pondered as i sat in traffic today.

Josh

Re: Necessary Education for Young Plumbers

as a provision of aquiring my contractors license I had to take / pass a completely seperate test on business law . I do believe that is the trend for the country which as you said is so important . As an apprentice you have enough on your plate learning codes , tools , and techniques , and terminology . Usually you're not ready for that info. until you are much closer to aquiring your contractors lic. , but I agree , it is extremely beneficial to have this knowledge in order to run a successful business

Comment

going through a 4 year union apprenticeship, there were plenty of courses that dealt with specialty fields in plumbing. non dealt with running a business.

i think this is were a junior college course might come in handy.

the contractors test is 50% on business and contract law. 99% of my knowledge prior to becoming my own boss was plumbing, not business. just like anything else. it you don't use it, or apply it, you lose it.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Rumor has it that our state is going to require either a business degree or a course in business before getting your masters.
        One fella I know responded with: "Geesh, I got into this racket to avoid college in the first place!"

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
          Rumor has it that our state is going to require either a business degree or a course in business before getting your masters.
          One fella I know responded with: "Geesh, I got into this racket to avoid college in the first place!"
          You can say what ever you want, because you refuse to list your area.
          the dog

Comment

sounds like these areas get more attention these days and im pleased to hear it.

Comment

Working...
            X