• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dishwasher drain options

That's a new one on me ............

Comment

Okay I took a look at the Colorado Plumbing Code which appears to be a wierd blend of the UPC and the IPC with a few of their own amendments.

Section 802.1.6 (a) gives you two options. The first is as explained by draintech 1 with a seperately traped stand pipe. The second is the traditional UPC installation with an approved listed Air Gap.

Mark
      Last edited by ToUtahNow; 07-13-2007, 12:42 AM.
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

City code....or would it be county?.....doesn't matter....I've been drain cleaning for 10 years now from Arkansas to California to Colorado and I've never seen it before Colorado....started noticing it in every house I worked in from old to new....asked around about why plumbers don't use the disposal for drainage....against code....has been for years from what I was told and I have to believe it because there is still a ton of 2" copper standpipes under sinks and you know they don't do that for looks...they used UPC for years and just switched to IPC a year or two ago...so it goes horizontal in the wall from the p-trap with the standpipe p-trap coming into that horizontal line....standpipe only stands up to approx. the heighth of the basket strainer so you can see the problem when the sink line backs up....this standpipe is only for the dishwasher but since it is hooked into the kitchen sink line, that carries a garbage disposal most of the time, it becomes the lowest point for overflow....most people don't even know the sink line is clogged until the floor is covered in water and food waste....thank your lucky stars your plumbing inspectors aren't dumb enough to not allow this

Comment

Utah I knew you would get it.Thanks

Draintech,I cannot believe it,that has to top everything I've seen on this forum as far as an entity being so far off base with plumbing comprehension BELOW THE FLOODRIM.

Comment

Working...
          X