X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Power Spin Line Question

I have a drill driven Ridgid Power Spin and the line has become detached from the anchor on the spool. Can't find any info on reattching the line to the metal piece that controls the line.

Any advice?

Re: Ridgid Power Spin Line Question

Looks like I have a fix...

1. Feed all the line in the drum, saving 6" or so to attach to the metal collar.

2. depress the collar on the line mount and slide the line through the larger side of the collar. Only the first part of the line will insert because it get fat. Not sure if it should be going in and clamping onto the entire fat bit bit the collar is completely depressed.

3. Insert collar into drum and replace screws.

4. I don't have a thumb screw that some ads for this tool indicate is part of teh mechanism. There seems to be a hole for one and I'm going to try to get one to fit (it's a fairly small space). I don't think this will be a problem unless I extend most of the snake.

Comment

Re: Ridgid Power Spin Line Question

The drill driven power spin cable doesn't attach to the drum at all. It just lays in the drum. Centifical forces turn the cable as the drum is turned. If the complete cable was fed into a line, there isnt enough cable in the drum to allow for retraction od the cable. Hand feed a foot or so back into the drum and you should be ok. That unit will not have a thumb screw as it has the feed mechanism. The K- spin will have the thumb screw.

Comment

Working...
      X