X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with shower stall drain

I had a corner shower installed by a plumber. After the installation I noticed that the drain seemed to be a little high. My suspicions were founded after taking the first shower I had to push the water to the drain. It appears to me that the drain is raised up around the drain because PVC drain pipe is set to high. I can not get the plumber to come out and fix it. Is there any way to fix this without ripping out the entire shower stall?

Re: problem with shower stall drain

why doesn't he want to come back? No warranty on the work?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by njfjr View Post
      I had a corner shower installed by a plumber. After the installation I noticed that the drain seemed to be a little high. My suspicions were founded after taking the first shower I had to push the water to the drain. It appears to me that the drain is raised up around the drain because PVC drain pipe is set to high. I can not get the plumber to come out and fix it. Is there any way to fix this without ripping out the entire shower stall?
      Yes, a very easy way...call the plumber..threaten to call the inspector.
      You'll find it gets fixed very quickly.

Comment

I am not sure I really want him doing anymore work here. This is only one of the problems. The others I have already fixed myself

Comment

you need to get your money back and give to a real plumber. This guy is a fraud if he refuses to make good on his work. By you fixing it yourself, you erase the evidence of his handywork. Duck's right, call the inspector, do what you need to do to get your money back.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
            you need to get your money back and give to a real plumber. This guy is a fraud if he refuses to make good on his work. By you fixing it yourself, you erase the evidence of his handywork. Duck's right, call the inspector, do what you need to do to get your money back.
            Exactly...it's a slap in the face to a professional.
            I've run out to a job thats 1-1/2 hours away on a Sunday morning with my family waiting to reassure a customer that there was no leak, it was just a pipe sweating.
            We work hard to build reputations, guys like that give us a bad name.
            Gear Junky is 100% on the money...you should NOT have to go through this.
            Simply leave a message that you'll be in touch with the local inspector and watch how quick he calls back.

Comment

Originally posted by njfjr View Post

is this a fiberglass/ plastic pre fabbed stall?

is it on a slab or crawl space?

depending on your situation you have, it can be a simple fix or a hard fix.

please answer these couple of questions and if you can take a few photos of the drain without the strainer on so we can see the inside of the connection.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Rick is right this may be a no big deal or it may require removing the pan. If you have pictures and model numbers of the shower it might be easy to get to the bottom of the problem.

Is the shower set slab on grade or is it on a framed floor?

What type of drain assembly does it have?

Can you see the end of the pipe coming up throught the drain?

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                X