X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vENT LINE

I am preparing to break out some concrete in my basement to do some plumbing. But i am not sure how to run the vent line. can some one look at the attachment and tell me where to but it. my thoughts are from the sink.
    Attached Files

Re: vENT LINE

Originally posted by downrange View Post
    I am preparing to break out some concrete in my basement to do some plumbing. But i am not sure how to run the vent line. can some one look at the attachment and tell me where to but it. my thoughts are from the sink.
    Your system has to be flat vented if your on a slab. A professional should be doing this to insure it is up to code and is done properly.

Your lav can be vented off the santee, but your tub and toilet should be rolled up the wall.
    Last edited by westcoastplumber; 07-23-2007, 09:31 PM.
    sigpic

Robert

Comment

Wet vent. Similar to this. The tub trap arm (1 1/2 pipe) can not exceed 6ft or 1 pipe diameter total fall.
      Attached Files
      You will never expand your mind, if you do not challenge your beliefs.

By the reading of this post, you acknowledge and agree that the poster shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content contained herein.

Comment

Am I missing something? where's the vent for the toilet?
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Hondahead View Post
          Wet vent. Similar to this. The tub trap arm (1 1/2 pipe) can not exceed 6ft or 1 pipe diameter total fall.
          This is where the internet can be a bummer...we use 2" wet vents here, but from what I've been learning, it's against code in other states.

Comment

where is the 2" vent for the toilet?, tie the tub into the vent for the toilet after you roll it up the wall,then through the roof. lav is easy, just take off from the santee
            sigpic

Robert

Comment

if you keep the waste line low, then you can roll a wye up the wall to properly vent without flat venting. you need to maintain a 45 degree or greater angle from horizontal to be legal and not flat.

pretty easy job as long as your wye is low and you roll up the wall. also an end of line cleanout is required and the sump needs to be vented too.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Ca. inspectors following UPC dont allow flat wet venting,H/H's system would need a separate 2" vent for W/C.Only vertical wet vent is allowed.But I have been wrong before,maybe it has changed on me.
                Last edited by drtyhands; 07-23-2007, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Rick just read your post,You are "onit"

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                    This is where the internet can be a bummer...we use 2" wet vents here, but from what I've been learning, it's against code in other states.
                    Yah we have some code differences up here from province to province too, but nothing major. From what I've read on the inter web your codes really seem to vary from state to state.

Horizontal wet venting or circuit venting (terminology change in our 2005 NPC) is the norm here.
                    Attached Files

By the reading of this post, you acknowledge and agree that the poster shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content contained herein.

Comment

horizontal and vertical wet venting
                      Attached Files

Comment

Yah we have some code differences up here from province to province too, but nothing major. From what I've read on the inter web your codes really seem to vary from state to state.

Horizontal wet venting or circuit venting (terminology change in our 2005 NPC) is the norm here.
                        I'll bet it comes in handy

Comment

WOW!
                          Thats a whole wet vented stack (referring to the first print)...we can only wet vent each individual bath with a 2" that connects at the top above the highest fixtures flood level.

Comment

Im sure you guys have confused the hell out of Downrange and he's probably given up on us.

Hondahead has it right using Fig. A-5.8.1.A (d) bottom left diagram.

Looks like he's using a sump pit next to the bathroom not sure he will be deep enough to roll up a wye and still be in the wall. He does need to vent the pit too. Did someone mention that?

Comment

well, not totally confused yet. I did know i need to vent the pit. Sounds like to me i better get checkin on local codes here in kansas and go from there. i didnt realize there would be 20 different ways of doing this! i live where codes arent really enforce so heavily. but i do want it to work right!

Comment

Working...
                              X