X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Sink & Pipe Question.

I am trying to install a double undermount sink in my new kitchen and I am running in to a minor problem. Currently, there's a pipe that sitting 5" off in side the right hand side of my cabinet & 15" off the ground. My cabinet is standard size 36" wide 34" high. My double undermount sink is 32" wide and 8"deep. The 2 sinks are splits 14"left/18"right sink. I will also have a garbage disposal on the left sink. My question is that since my drain pipe is so close to the right, would that cause any drainage problem for me? Would the water backwashed up to one of the sink? Does my main drain pipe has to be centered? Please help. Thanks you in advance.

Re: Double Sink & Pipe Question.

No the drain pipe does not have to be centered but it will make it more difficult for the plumber connecting the drain. Especially with the drain being to the right and the disposal on the left sink. Not an ideal situtation but can be done. You should use a combination end outlet drain and the trap should be below the disposal.

Comment

If it were me, I'd pipe it like this. As long as the outlet on the trap didn't end up below your drain inlet. (Sorry for the crappy drawing, I'm a plumber not an artist!)

Todd
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you so much for your reply. I'll give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by whallupaz View Post
          If it were me, I'd pipe it like this. As long as the outlet on the trap didn't end up below your drain inlet. (Sorry for the crappy drawing, I'm a plumber not an artist!)

Todd
          We like to put the trap under the G/B

Comment

why not eliminate the disposal 90 . Go with a straight flange extension . The flanges are the same size and the gasket fits the same as the disposal 90.This eliminates the hard bend and it"s a straight shot to the baffle tee .Just a suggestion.And it"s a cleaner job.

Comment

Originally posted by apf View Post
              why not eliminate the disposal 90 . Go with a straight flange extension . The flanges are the same size and the gasket fits the same as the disposal 90.This eliminates the hard bend and it"s a straight shot to the baffle tee .Just a suggestion.And it"s a cleaner job.
              While that is a legal installation the manufacturers do not recommend it. The disposal is designed to be used with the included discharge ninety.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Point taken . I never had a problem with anything 1/2 hp or less . Slight pitch on the tailpiece and your out . I don"t mind dropping the 90 to a waste extension then to a trap , but to drop the 90 into a continuous waste causes problems . Personal preference I suppose .

Comment

I will ise this also but my Drain goes through the floor not the wall. Can you adjust the drawing?

Thx for the advice.

Comment

whallupaz...what provides for pitch between the 90 degree elbow and the horizontal run to the long tailpiece which drops into the p trap? does that connection between the 90 degree elbow in your drawing need to be pitched on its way to the tailpiece that drops into the p trap?
                    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

yes it does. it too needs to be 1/4'' per foot grade. i find this to be seldom done. fortunatly the disposal acts like a pump and will push out the waste. typically the distance between the 2 compartements are less than 16'' center to center. therefore in reality it's not as bad as a flat or reverse grade waste line installed under a home.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
                        whallupaz...what provides for pitch between the 90 degree elbow and the horizontal run to the long tailpiece which drops into the p trap? does that connection between the 90 degree elbow in your drawing need to be pitched on its way to the tailpiece that drops into the p trap?
                        There is adjustment in the slip joint adapters attaching to the tail piece on the sink's basket strainer and the discharge pipe on the disposer. The ferrule in the slip joint allows for a slight pitch change while maintaining a tight seal.

Comment

Working...
                        X