Ventline2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ventline2

Ok. Thanks for everyones input on the original ventline forum. I had a plumber come buy to see what i was doing.. and this is what he advised. it dont hard seem like it will work to me... under the sink he said i could put one of those under the counter vents. the vent line that ties into the line between the shower and tiolet, he said just run it out then up the wall, and tie it into a waste line that is right there. Can i vent into and existing waste line?i think he caled it a wet vent. and can do the same to vent the pump. maybe i just made it harder than it really is???
    Attached Files

Re: Ventline2

Originally posted by downrange View Post
    Ok. Thanks for everyones input on the original ventline forum. I had a plumber come buy to see what i was doing.. and this is what he advised. it dont hard seem like it will work to me... under the sink he said i could put one of those under the counter vents. the vent line that ties into the line between the shower and tiolet, he said just run it out then up the wall, and tie it into a waste line that is right there. Can i vent into and existing waste line?i think he caled it a wet vent. and can do the same to vent the pump. maybe i just made it harder than it really is???

You can wet vent as long as you increase 1 pipe size, so that would be increasing the pipe you connect too, one pipe size. The under the counter vent is called a studor vent, we are not allowed to use them here, but you may be able too, and the sump, according to the UPC needs to be vented by itself, not connected to exisiting house vents, but seperate from the system, and sized to meet the fixture units tied to the sump.
    sigpic

Robert

Comment

i will be tapping into a 3" main line, and its not possible going up a size, thats what runs to my spetic system. well venting the pump will be a problem. how do i go from the basment through the floor, ceiling and roof without major construction? could i just run out, just above the basement wall then up.. might be kinda tacky looking having pvc run up the side of my house!

Comment

3" to the toilet. 2" to the tub/shower and 2" to the lavy drain. The only aut air vent needed is the one under the lavy. No need to tie into any exsting vent between the toilet and shower. Definetely no auto air vent on the sump basin. That should vent to outdoors independently. Although IPC (International Plumbing Code) may allow connecting to existing house vent now. I'd have to check my code book to confirm. Mark will know this without looking it up.

Comment

I know, I know, I know I don't like helping homeowners, but this guy really needs a plumber for the health of himself and his family. Sir, spend the money and do it right.
          the dog

Comment

well i am the kinda person that would rather do it myself. not gona learn anything if you just hire every thing done for you.. have never know much about plumbing.... and i have learned more in the last week that i would have ever if i hired it done.. gotta learn sometime! just needed a few pointers is all. plumbercrack seems to be on top of things!

Comment

Downrange,

I admire you're confidence in your abilities.

Just a short time ago here on the forum I tried to help what I considered a Bullshit artist with a project he had going thousands of miles away from me.The other mature members let me run with it knowing the outcome would be a negative with this particular poster,DOG was the first to bring him into the light.

There are a way more issues than just putting together a couple of fittings similar to what you have seen in the past.The variables for a proper working system are great in number.Yours may be a easy project once all your line items are addresed.Or you could end up with a finished product that does not work.

If you are going to pursue this adventure prepare yourself,look at the threads posted by gdavis62.

we are not saying we won't help,sometimes it it ends up spending more resources than it's worth.

Just want you to have a good system.

ADAM

Comment

well if all is agreed. i am going with plumberscrack advise. thanks to everyone

Comment

Working...
                X