X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sink drain rough in height

Hello all, what is the average/proper rough-in height for the drain inlet (where the p-trap attaches) for a kitchen (island) sink drain?

Thanks

Re: sink drain rough in height

Originally posted by nervous View Post
    Hello all, what is the average/proper rough-in height for the drain inlet (where the p-trap attaches) for a kitchen (island) sink drain?

Thanks
    Usually the top of the sink is 30 to 31 inches above the floor line
    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Nervous,

7 different threads about your kitchen sink installation.

It's like you have never done this before.

Do I know you? Your posts look familiar.

For a deep bowl sink typically 14"-16" off floor.

Comment

Are you the old davis62 ? if so are you done with your house yet?
        A regular SS sink 19"

Comment

I generally rough-in a kitchen at 16"

mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

lol 14-16 inches off the floor is what i meant to write down..30-31 and you need a step stool...lol sorry
            The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Originally posted by freddy View Post
              Are you the old davis62 ? if so are you done with your house yet?
              A regular SS sink 19"
              Nope, always been Nervous.

Thanks for the reply

Comment

Thanks

I usually rough in at 14", (when the sink is against a wall), but for an island sink, there usually isn't a framed wall to bring in the pipe. In that case I'll have a p-trap under the floor and then stub up through the bottom of the cabinet. Then add a wye, with a fitting cleanout and connect to your sink drain.

Todd

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                  Nervous,

7 different threads about your kitchen sink installation.

It's like you have never done this before.

Do I know you? Your posts look familiar.

For a deep bowl sink typically 14"-16" off floor.
                  Very astute, and no, I have NOT done an island sink install with a disposal before. Which is why I ask a lot of questions. For me, the seven different threads encompass a different part of the project for me and while I try not to be redundant it is important for me to be clear on a plan of action before I start a portion of the job. And while I am very capable of doing all the work myself there are bits I don't completely understand and I like it to be correct when complete. If I am in the wrong form to ask advice then I apologize and you have the right to just boot me on my way.

I am ont sure if you know me from my posts but I have posted at AllExperts in the past as I was doing my bathroom a couple years back.

And thanks for the answer. I can now continue on my way.

Thanks to all.

Comment

A regular SS sink 19"
                    19" for a disposal?

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                      19" for a disposal?
                      Yeah I found that a little odd as well. I guess the therory is rough it in for a specific sink rather than using a longer tail-piece. The downside is they are stuck with a rough-in which won't fit anything else.

Mark

Comment

If I am in the wrong form to ask advice then I apologize and you have the right to just boot me on my way.

I am ont sure if you know me from my posts but I have posted at AllExperts in the past as I was doing my bathroom a couple years back.

And thanks for the answer. I can now continue on my way.

Thanks to all.
                        You are in the right place for questions.

I just got a weird vibe that you were someone else (gdavis62) and so did Freddy apparently

Comment

If it were gdavis he would have already said how he didn't really need our help as he is the smartest guy in the World but he thought he would quiz us.

Mark

Comment

Crack He did not ask about a disposal, And I did'nt give him info for one Sorry If I called you some one your not nervous . But my gut feeling tell me different. Even your response back has the same vibe, and from new york area. If it is you gdavis62 Its all good. You really kept the place hopping

Comment

Crack He did not ask about a disposal, And I did'nt give him info for one Sorry If I called you some one your not nervous . But my gut feeling tell me different. Even your response back has the same vibe, and from new york area. If it is you gdavis62 Its all good. You really kept the place hopping
                              Nope, tellin' you the God's honest truth, I am not now, nor have ever been, gdavis 62. I am IN NY state but nowher near the NY metro area. I live in the section that the downstaters don't know exists.

Interesting note on the rough-in side of the conversation, if I rough at 14" -16" from the floor I will require an extension tailpiece on both the small, higher sink w/ disposal and on the larger, deeper main bowl.

Is it possible that I misunderstood and you mean 14" - 16" from the floor of the base cabinet?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X