Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jet swet/freeze kits.....under pressure?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jet swet/freeze kits.....under pressure?

There is not a shut off to the unit ?
    What is done in an emergency, let it run and flood until you can get an appointment a few weeks later.

May be I am wrong but I would think that would be a requirement a main shut off on the unit, each unit.

When they do tun off the water, put a main shut off in where you can control it if possible.

And I do understand your talents and abilities, I am sure you are capable of doing the job, but in this situation, hire a plumber that can do the job, he may be able to hurry up the process of getting the water shut off and the fixture replaced.
    Last edited by BHD; 08-21-2007, 09:39 PM.
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
      What is done in an emergency, let it run and flood untill you can get an appointment a few weeks later.

May be I am wrong but I would think that would be a requirment a main shut off on the unit, each unit.

When they do tun off the water, put a main shut off in where you can control it if possible.

Really in this situation, hire a plumber that can do the job, he may be able to hurry up the process of getting the water shut off and the fixture replaced.
      On many buildings the water is run in stack risers so you are only shutting off a stack. For instance to replace an angle stop at the master bathroom water closet you may have to shut off all of the water to all of the master bathroom water closets in that stack.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

What is done in an emergency, let it run and flood untill you can get an appointment a few weeks later.

May be I am wrong but I would think that would be a requirment a main shut off on the unit, each unit.

Really in this situation, hire a plumber that can do the job, he may be able to hurry up the process of getting the water shut off and the fixture replaced.
        Water is allowed to be shut down in an emergency basis, for none emergencies, the schedule is usually 24-48 hrs, depends on the Association Rules. Either each unit, or each stack of units should have a numbered tag on the iso-valves in the parking garage, it all depends on the set up. The tags should be brass and stamped with the units it shuts down.
        sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
          I didn't read word by word about the cost, do me a favor, take the total cost a plumber is going to charge you, keep that on your mind, try it yourself, now, something happens as it always can, say the ice plug blows out, floods the unit, yours and the neighbors, hmmmmmm add that cost up, the ding on your insurance if they cover it, and the nice lawsuits that will come along with it, and if I was your insurance company, when you call the claim in, I will say, your not covered, should have called a plumber

Yep your right West Coast, I pretty much been talked out of it from ya guys. I knew I would
          I was looking forward to it, Its kinda like........w....o....w, thats cool...But then again yeh my insurance wouldn't think its cool if something happened. Fortunatly I decided I won't have to call anybody, i'll just change out the faucet, I posted another thread with a picture of the faucet im changin out, its a price pfister so im able just to change out the hardware, I went to homeimprovement store and they had some So im going that route.

Comment

Kraze, I was talking about researching this forum so you can learn from my experience. I forget the name of the thread. Click my name and click "see all threads started". Go through the list and you'll see it sooner or later.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

It's on the 3rd page.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

What is done in an emergency, let it run and flood until you can get an appointment a few weeks later.

May be I am wrong but I would think that would be a requirement a main shut off on the unit, each unit.

And I do understand your talents and abilities, I am sure you are capable of doing the job, but in this situation, hire a plumber that can do the job, he may be able to hurry up the process of getting the water shut off and the fixture replaced.

yeh I looked for any possiblity of a shutoff, even tore out some drywall in a utility closet. What they told me is years ago their bathroom flooded adn the manager went to the utiltiy closet and turned off the water, they had water all OVER the place. Well they showed me where it was, and it was drywalled in. They said thats new,before it was just insulation and studs, so today I tore it out to see, and yes there was a supply there, it was just to the toilet, there was a supply that ran out the exterior wall for a sillcock, but it was cut and disconnected. They swore thats where they shut off the water, But it doens't exist now. And let me tell you what that is some sloppy soldering job they did, they ran some heat tape around it ran a cord through drywall and plugged it in to the light socket, then closed the whole thing up in drywall. From the looks of how the drywall looked before I took it off and way the insulation was installed they didnt' care. Theres no way that could be to code to allow that heat tape to be inside that wall, guess they are not regulated by it or dont' care. Of course I could be wrong but its still a sloppy solder and drywall job.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                  Kraze, I was talking about researching this forum so you can learn from my experience. I forget the name of the thread. Click my name and click "see all threads started". Go through the list and you'll see it sooner or later.

ahhh ok, ok....got ya now

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                    It's on the 3rd page.

Ok well I read your post about jet swet and looks like you have personal experience of the jet swet idea, I won't even attempt that one in the future. Guess only logical way around is freezing it, but with no experience and extreme cost won't be worth it. Good thing i'll just change out hardware, and keep eye out for a good deal on freeze set so I could practice with them for future projects.

Thanks for the tip on the forum...

Thanks all for the advice you given me, I appreciate all comments and opinions.

Comment

Working...
                    X