Instead of dealing freezing pipes, can I do this? pics included

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instead of dealing freezing pipes, can I do this? pics included

This faucet is a Price Pfister I belive, correct me if Im wrong, PLEASE. Im not a professional plumber but I do know ALOT about plumbing being a contractor. I included some pics of the faucet.
    my question is this
    I always just changed the whole assemby to a new one, so this is new to me. The screws below this shuts off the water right? they are stuck so i have to put some pb blaster on them to lubricate them loose, so I can't test this to see if im right. So if I shut off the flow of water through these screws can I buy a new Handle set to make this look new?
    Personally Id rather get rid of the whole thing and do what I do best, but with a weeks notice and options of getting a freeze kit or someone to do it quickly may not happen, so this is another option for me.

I have other pics but need compressed and are taking while, i'll get them on here soon as i can
    All opinions helpful

Kraze..
    Attached Files

Re: Instead of dealing freezing pipes, can I do this? pics included

Originally posted by Kraze View Post
    This faucet is a Price Pfister I belive, correct me if Im wrong, PLEASE. Im not a professional plumber but I do know ALOT about plumbing being a contractor. I included some pics of the faucet.
    my question is this
    I always just changed the whole assemby to a new one, so this is new to me. The screws below this shuts off the water right? they are stuck so i have to put some pb blaster on them to lubricate them loose, so I can't test this to see if im right. So if I shut off the flow of water through these screws can I buy a new Handle set to make this look new?
    Personally Id rather get rid of the whole thing and do what I do best, but with a weeks notice and options of getting a freeze kit or someone to do it quickly may not happen, so this is another option for me.

I have other pics but need compressed and are taking while, i'll get them on here soon as i can
    All opinions helpful

Kraze..
    Yes they are Price Pfister and once you get the screwdriver stops to shut off the water you can replace all of the components. Make sure to check the seats and grease the new stems before you install them.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

That's a pretty ugly looking faucet but luckily you can find a replacement that includes stems, seats and trim.

Try www.Strosniders.com it's a great hardware store not far from you in Bethesda, Md
      Last edited by plumberscrack; 08-21-2007, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
        That's a pretty ugly looking faucet but luckily you can find a replacement that includes stems, seats and trim.

Try www.Strosniders.com it's a great hardware store not far from you in Bethesda, Md

Hey thanks i'll check it out first thing tommorrow.....

Comment

price phister "verve" with teardrop flanges on the hot and cold.

there is a complete trim kit and a conversion kit to turn that verve into a cadillac

home depot sells the kit for $50. + or -. still need to buy the teardrop flanges separately.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            price phister "verve" with teardrop flanges on the hot and cold.

there is a complete trim kit and a conversion kit to turn that verve into a cadillac

home depot sells the kit for $50. + or -. still need to buy the teardrop flanges separately.

rick.

Home depot huh....Ok i'll check that out, i have one just down the road.. and i'll make sure to grease the fittings like was told to me. I'll post pictures when Im done

Kraze..

Comment

Be sure to use plumbers heat proof grease, "NOT" auto grease,

if you can turn off main building supply; you can get replacement
              screw stops if they are frozen!!
              jerrymac
              JERRYMAC
              E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
              CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
              FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
              SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Working...
              X