Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with toilet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Re: Problem with toilet

    how many of you ware a respirator
    Charlie

    My seek the peek fundraiser page
    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040


    http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

    new work pictures 12/09
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

    Comment


    • #47
      Re: Problem with toilet

      I have one hanging in the cab of my van, I only use it when the customer mixes 2 different drain clearing chemicals toghether, it really doesn't help, but atleast I try to minimize my damage
      sigpic

      Robert

      Comment


      • #48
        Re: Problem with toilet

        do you have to use purple primer where you are? Here only the HVAC inspectors make you use it, the plumbing guys allow clear
        West Trail Mechanical Ltd
        Service. Commitment. Expertise.

        www.westtrailmechanical.ca

        Comment


        • #49
          Re: Problem with toilet

          Originally posted by bigPipe09 View Post
          do you have to use purple primer where you are? Here only the HVAC inspectors make you use it, the plumbing guys allow clear
          Pipe,
          Alot of our inspectors look for the purple.

          Comment


          • #50
            Re: Problem with toilet

            Originally posted by bigPipe09 View Post
            do you have to use purple primer where you are? Here only the HVAC inspectors make you use it, the plumbing guys allow clear
            The ASTM Standard requires it so both the IPC and UPC require it. However, there is some talk that things may change before the next Code cycle.

            Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

            I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

            Comment


            • #51
              Re: Problem with toilet

              as far as i know plumbing needs to be purple

              HVAC does not
              Charlie

              My seek the peek fundraiser page
              http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040


              http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

              new work pictures 12/09
              http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

              Comment


              • #52
                Re: Problem with toilet



                I just use blue glue by T. C. CHRISTY'S it is the first wet pvc glue, it has the glue and primer mixed togeather!!
                if i have dirty pvc or i want to make extra sure of a large joint i use purple primer then blue glue it set's extra fast and you can turn the water back on sooner then just clear glue!!

                JERRYMAC MASTERPLUMBER & MASTER DRAINMAN
                JERRYMAC
                E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                SINCE JAN. 1989

                Comment


                • #53
                  Re: Problem with toilet

                  Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
                  as far as i know plumbing needs to be purple

                  HVAC does not
                  I believe you are working under the IMC which lists the ASTM Standard for PVC in the tables of Chapter 12 so you probably need it for at least hydronic systems. As far as condensate waste I am not sure but because Chapter 3 has some generic language regarding installing equipment according to it's listing and approval I imagine an Inspector could require it.

                  Mark
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                  I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Re: Problem with toilet

                    Originally posted by JERRYMAC View Post


                    I just use blue glue by T. C. CHRISTY'S it is the first wet pvc glue, it has the glue and primer mixed togeather!!
                    if i have dirty pvc or i want to make extra sure of a large joint i use purple primer then blue glue it set's extra fast and you can turn the water back on sooner then just clear glue!!

                    JERRYMAC MASTERPLUMBER & MASTER DRAINMAN
                    Jerry,

                    If you read the label on Christy's Blue Glue you will see they tell you while they do not require it the Codes require purple primer be used with Blue Glue.

                    Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                    I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Re: Problem with toilet


                      I would go with rick's plan and cut out from below and make permanent repairs,
                      NOT try to jerry rig!! something that you are just going to have problems with down the line,
                      i did plumbing service for over 30 years and on make shift jobs i always was called in to fix after homeowner or another plumber try'ed the cheap fix!!
                      useally after water damage to the house first!!

                      JERRYMAC MASTERPLUMBER & MASTER DRAINMAN
                      JERRYMAC
                      E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                      CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                      FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                      SINCE JAN. 1989

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Re: Problem with toilet

                        YES that must be something new since i got out of the feild!!

                        JERRYMAC
                        JERRYMAC
                        E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                        CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                        FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                        SINCE JAN. 1989

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Re: Problem with toilet

                          Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                          I believe you are working under the IMC which lists the ASTM Standard for PVC in the tables of Chapter 12 so you probably need it for at least hydronic systems. As far as condensate waste I am not sure but because Chapter 3 has some generic language regarding installing equipment according to it's listing and approval I imagine an Inspector could require it.

                          Mark
                          thanks i will check on this
                          i'm doing a job now that i'm using 6" sec 80 pvc so i Will check with the local inspector if he wants to see purple primer .
                          Charlie

                          My seek the peek fundraiser page
                          http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040


                          http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

                          new work pictures 12/09
                          http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Re: Problem with toilet

                            Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
                            thanks i will check on this
                            i'm doing a job now that i'm using 6" sec 80 pvc so i Will check with the local inspector if he wants to see purple primer .
                            The job I was at last weekend was a job where my client installed 6,000' of 6" CPVC for a two pipe loop from the central plant to several detached buildings. They were not looking for glue joints so I was glad this question did not come up.

                            Mark
                            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                            I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Re: Problem with toilet

                              can we stop with the extra bold

                              kinda painfull for the eyes

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Re: Problem with toilet

                                The blue glue is my preference but not legal in the IPC as it is too close to purple in color . Not allowed in Oklahoma. I use a med bodied oatey clear for pvc

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X