Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just tiled the bathroom, how to extend height of flange under toilet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just tiled the bathroom, how to extend height of flange under toilet?

First I want to say thanks in advance to anyone who is willing to help me..

I am very much a novice at this type of work.. but recently I have tiled the bathroom floor. Great job, except for the fact that my toilet has to lay on top of the tile, which is a problem since the flange stops below the tile. What would be the best way one would go about extending the height of the flange in order to accomodate the extra inch of tile that is now there. Any "urban engineering" ideas or am I going to have to do something more drastic?

Any ideas are much appreciated..

Re: Just tiled the bathroom, how to extend height of flange under toilet?

They sell extenders specifically for that purpose. ask at your plumbing supply place.

Comment

Yes they have flanges for the reason... But when you install it, you have to make sure you fasten it correctly, i would call your plumber to have this put in...will not take long at all to do, if it is the right situation
      The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

This all sounds very familiar........

Take a picture of the flange maybe someone can walk you through it

Comment

Hexed,
          We just went over all this a day or two ago.

Just stack wax if it is only 1"

Explainations are in previous post just use search on this forum use"WAX"

I'm the worst typer here so i'm sure you understand.

Adam

Comment

You could also buy what is called a "lift kit" , essentially it is a pvc ring that is the same shape as your flange surface, and has a foam gasket to seal the two together. It should come with a silicone like adhesivewhich you apply to the top of the old flange, and some 1 1/2" screws used to drill the new flange into the old one. The new flange ring has holes pre-drilled in it where the screws should go, but make sure you drill some holes in the old flange to make sure you dont split it. Icarry these with me at all times, they are really quite slick. HD should have them
            West Trail Mechanical Ltd
            Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

Working...
            X