Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need lateral advice

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
    first of all, since you have never been stuck outside the pipe, you wouldn't know that the jump jet does not work, so let me tell you from experience, when the head is outside the pipe, the jump jet feature will not work, so you either dig it, or pull it with a vehicle, I have pulled them out before and have yet to break or stretch a hose, when you are stuck in an offset, the head will not jump out, if you blow out the side of a pipe, yes, you can get your head out.

as for the cost, a warthog cost no more then $800, and that would be top of the line, they have deals where you can buy 4 heads for 1,000. PM me and I will give you the link.

As far as who was stuck, I was made well aware of who was stuck, as far as the camera, that was my first question, from what I could gather, the head was outside the pipe, the camera was going to confirm this.

As for the backwater valve, you don't need a camera to see if you are stuck in one, experience will tell you if your fixture/fixtures are below the street manhole, then you will more then likely have a backwater, if everything is above, you will not have a backwater, Beside, backwater valves are usually installed under the house or when the sewer exits the house, first 5 feet, not 50' from the house which was the footage estimation.

Happy days daddy
    robert the reason i don't get my nozzle stuck is because the nozzle is 3'' in diameter. i don't use small bullet nozzles on a main line. as far as the hose goes. you don't need to tear it to damage it. the inner braids and the outer cover will get damaged. if the outer cover gets nicked or torn and water gets into the fiber rope braids, it's just a matter of time before it will rot and leak.

please buy me as many 4 pack of warthog nozzles as you can for $1000. i will bring you the cash immediatly. i guess $800 is just the nozzle, no case, no repair / service kit, no tax

traps are at the curb, at least the ones i've had the pleasure to run into.

camering the line was my first suggestion and it was what they did. getting the hose out with a truck was their personal choice.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      robert the reason i don't get my nozzle stuck is because the nozzle is 3'' in diameter. i don't use small bullet nozzles on a main line. as far as the hose goes. you don't need to tear it to damage it. the inner braids and the outer cover will get damaged. if the outer cover gets nicked or torn and water gets into the fiber rope braids, it's just a matter of time before it will rot and leak.

please buy me as many 4 pack of warthog nozzles as you can for $1000. i will bring you the cash immediatly. i guess $800 is just the nozzle, no case, no repair / service kit, no tax

traps are at the curb, at least the ones i've had the pleasure to run into. running

camering the line was my first suggestion and it was what they did. getting the hose out with a truck was their personal choice.

rick.
      I use only large nozzels in the main line, warthog size, cleans the line better.

I have never ever seen a backwater valve at the curb, the deepest part of the sewer, are we talking about the same thing?? running traps, at the curb yes, backwaters, never, they are as close as possible to the house, or in the crawl space.

when something gets stuck in the main sewer a camera is always common sense

Buy your stuff at US Jetter, he will charge you 800 for a warthog, not even close to 1,000 and the guy's high priced, the Mike Diamond of jetters.

who makes your 1,000 dollar head??

your turn
      sigpic

Robert

Comment

Ummm, last time I checked the abs two way c/o does not have a baffle, so you don't have that problem, like with the old two way cast iron c/o's.
        Your right in regards to the ABS, cast iron on the other hand, i've had a couple that were a bear. I remember we did a small shopping center that had a baffle, it usually took anywhere from twenty minutes to three hours to clean the damn thing because of the baffle. Needless to say I HATE THEM!

Comment

Buy your stuff at US Jetter, he will charge you 800 for a warthog, not even close to 1,000 and the guy's high priced, the Mike Diamond of jetters.

who makes your 1,000 dollar head??

your turn
          robert, us jetter doesn't make the warthog nozzle.

the warthog nozzle is made by stone age tools in durango, colorado.

www.stoneagetools.com

i looked up my transaction from 7/22/04.

the price was $850. plus 70.13 tax = 920.13

that was 3 years ago. i would think they would have gone up in price by now and not down

this is a 1/2'' nozzle with hose whip and pelican case with service kit.

still waiting for the 4 pack of warthogs for 1000.00

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

AWE RICK ,You got The Kid on The Ropes , give Him a break!
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
              AWE RICK ,You got The Kid on The Ropes , give Him a break!

HAHAHA, I'm not on the ropes. I will give rick the info in the pm and 920 still isn't 1,000 and 850 still isn't 1,000, so anyways, if I was on the ropes, I'm off now

By the way, us jetters makes an equivalent, next time you are over for lunch we can get out the us jetter book and go shopping
              Last edited by westcoastplumber; 09-05-2007, 08:47 AM.
              sigpic

Robert

Comment

robert, us jetter doesn't make the warthog nozzle.

the warthog nozzle is made by stone age tools in durango, colorado.

www.stoneagetools.com

i looked up my transaction from 7/22/04.

the price was $850. plus 70.13 tax = 920.13

that was 3 years ago. i would think they would have gone up in price by now and not down

this is a 1/2'' nozzle with hose whip and pelican case with service kit.

still waiting for the 4 pack of warthogs for 1000.00

rick.
                Still didn't ay what model number of warthog..i bet you it is cheaper these days..It's like comparing copper from 3 year ago

Or lcds...

Maybe not..please don't yell at me rick or put me in my place

Comment

Don't hit Me! Brought My friend John the plumber out to look at the Juniper root,and no cleanout problem. He's a real plumber ,most of His life. He sold Me the General max. I will bust up the concrete at the house and install a single sweep. It's a freebe for son's, inlaws. I have a shadow of the experiance ,in plumbing You folks have , But I have allways tried to do it right . And many a plumber is pi$$ed to see a Gen C.do His own work. I understand this,I accept it, also. But your wisdom helps Me do it right! Thank's Tool
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                    Don't hit Me! Brought My friend John the plumber out to look at the Juniper root,and no cleanout problem. He's a real plumber ,most of His life. He sold Me the General max. I will bust up the concrete at the house and install a single sweep. It's a freebe for son's, inlaws. I have a shadow of the experiance ,in plumbing You folks have , But I have allways tried to do it right . And many a plumber is pi$$ed to see a Gen C.do His own work. I understand this,I accept it, also. But your wisdom helps Me do it right! Thank's Tool
                    I am sure you'll do a great job tool
                    have fun

Comment

Originally posted by mrs. westcoast View Post
                      Still didn't ay what model number of warthog..i bet you it is cheaper these days..It's like comparing copper from 3 year ago

Or lcds...

Maybe not..please don't yell at me rick or put me in my place
                      i did say it's a 1/2'' with whip.

by the way, copper is 300%-400% more today than 3 years ago

yell at you that's what the chat room is for

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

i did say it's a 1/2'' with whip.

by the way, copper is 300%-400% more today than 3 years agoRick i know copper is 300%-400% more expensive

yell at you that's what the chat room is for you never yell at me at the chatroom..you just ignore me Maybe cause you don't have any humor like i do in your sleeves

rick.
                        Hahaha Ricardo..take that!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X