Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How do I use the Telescopic Basin Wrench?

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    dog, sometimes the plumber is smarter than the architect. they typically don't look pass the specs. we see the issues they don't.

they either go with a hoodie or they use the formica to band the edge. at this point, go with the hoodie or back to self rimming.
    but us plumbers already knew that

rick.

wow, I just learned something tonight, thanks rick oh wait, us plumbers already knew that hahahahahaha!!!! good times!!!
    sigpic

Robert

Comment

First off, a big thanks to everyone who has responded in this thread. All of your input is much appreciated.

Maybe I have to break it, maybe I have to call a plumber, who knows, I just can't get it off and I'm pretty frustrated at this point.

I'm including photos this time in case anyone has any further thoughts.
      Attached Files

Comment

Those plastic nuts can be tough with an under basin wrench so Ridgid makes a plastic nut basin wrench:

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Plastic-Nut-Basin-Wrench

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

looks like a newer style plastic faucet nut.

the feed lines would need to be removed first with either a basin wrench or a pliers/ channelocks (#426 6.5'' ) then the plastic nuts can be removed with the basin wrench or better yet a ridgid wrench

this is a tool made specifically for your application. a basin wrench will work, this wrench will be much easier.

all else fails use a drill and drill out the plastic nuts to allow them to fall off. not my choice for plastic,but it will work if need be.

wear safety glasses, joey will get on my case if i don't

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            Those plastic nuts can be tough with an under basin wrench so Ridgid makes a plastic nut basin wrench:

Mark
            now you know, mark, i didn't have time to cheat off your post and type it all up in under a minute

we got this guy covered

go help out the toilet flapper guy. maybe your words of wisdom will shine through, since everyone else's has been ignored

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

some 4'' center set faucets use 1/4'' studs and nuts. a sock will work best.

rick.
              Rick,

I am always open to trying new things. Would you mind posting some pictures of you using your sock to get your nuts off?

thanks,

Bruce

Comment

Quick question: how do I remove the feed lines so I can use the plastic nut wrench? You suggest pliers: if I pull at the feed line with pliers will it come right out or will I tear a hole in the feed line? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by askias View Post
                  Quick question: how do I remove the feed lines so I can use the plastic nut wrench? You suggest pliers: if I pull at the feed line with pliers will it come right out or will I tear a hole in the feed line? Thanks.
                  the feed lines have chrome hex nuts that screw onto the faucet shanks. the basin wrench is designed to reach up there and unscrew the hex nuts. remember to turn counter clockwires to loosen. if you can't master the basin wrench. use the channelock pliers. if in doubt, hire a plumber. you don't want to flood your house.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by brucestorey View Post
                    Rick,

I am always open to trying new things. Would you mind posting some pictures of you using your sock to get your nuts off?

thanks,

Bruce
                    i guess "et" went to phone home. maybe he was missing his socks?

good catch

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

OK.. over 20 post on how to use a basin wrench. And this guy works for the goverment,, If you have not figured out that the water supply lines has to be removed, as well as the plastic nuts. to remove this faucet. YOU NEED A PLUMBER NOW.

Comment

Thats what i said 3 pgs, of posts ago,

call a plumber i don't think this guy has fiqured how to turn the water off yet ????
                        JERRYMAC
                        JERRYMAC
                        E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                        CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                        FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                        SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Again thanks for all those who are being patient and posting constructively. If I knew how to do this, I wouldn't be posting here. When you use terms like faucet shanks and feed lines, I need to stop and figure out what those are because I don't deal with them every day. Trust me, if you came to my job I could easily have you befuddled with terminology and you would have no clue.

Can I call a plumber and have this done in under an hour? Absolutely. Am I trying to learn how to do this myself so I don't have to? Absolutely. I'm going to keep plugging away at it and see if I can get it done, everyone has to learn somehow. Thanks again to those who have helped.

And yes, the water has been turned off the entire time.

Comment

Working...
                          X