He did He told Rick to go help him

Joey
    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Re: toilets

Originally posted by jwordchic View Post
      the toilet is not plugged I merely did all of those things to eliminate any possibilities in my attempts to solve this issue. The water pressure coming into the home is sixty five psi. The toilet double flushes, flapper comes up bowl goes down once tank is still nearly half full and flapper has'nt even dreamed about coming down yet, bowl evacuates second time flapper falls slightly after and just short of going for a third time it fills the bowl. i understand your question on whether i know anything at all about plumbing and I can tell you honestly I am a very qualified plumber I have a large customer base, with no advertising it keeps getting larger by referral. No matter how you look at that it says a lot about whether I'm qualified to be trusted with pipes full of waste, and water. I am one of the most thourough trouble shooters i know and this is not something stupid that I'm missing this is something that is kicking my *** and i want to get to the bottom of it so that this never happens to me again. I have given you every bit of information i can think of that i have and you have given me the same steps to try that i tried in the beginning which to me says that my thought process is sound and basically working in the same direction as yours do and none of us knows what it is caused by and I'm still hoping for any ideas from any of you and I will keep on trying anything reasonable and very much appreciate all of the help and i'll eat that flapper if this turns out to be something stupid that i am missing I rarely have to ask for help on things as i am smarter than most of the pipes i work on but this closet is a tough one so please stop questioning my ability and help me solve this problem i will be nothing but honest with you and like i said if it turns out to be something stupid you'll have my picture posted not with a snake but my tongue will be flapping
      so far the consensus is the flapper. my simple question was what is the year stamped on the toilet tank?

please post the date of the toilet and i'll give you a part # for the flapper.

all i can say is i hope you like the taste of a fluidmaster bullseye flapper.

it goes good with a fluidmaster dye pill. but it will make your tounge blue

i know we are all riding you because from what you're posting so far, this is a very basic problem.

don't let mrs seat down have to go there and fix it for you.she doesn't work cheap

please post the date of the toilet. either you will eat rubber or i will eat my words but so far rubber is the meal

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

jwordchic, hope all is well as we didn't hear from you today.

not sure if the heimlich works for a toilet flapper

all we need is a date, not a model #.

only giving you a hard time so we can have fun with it.

i hear the red flappers taste better than the blue and black ones

hope all is well and you've fixed that toilet

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

While I believe your problem has been solved and your questions answered above, as a test, remove the bowl fill tube from the overflow after the tank and bowl have filled and flush the toilet without allowing the bowl fill tube to spray into the overflow. There has been a couple of times where I have found the flow from the tube is so great, that it blows too much water out of the base of the flush valve and prevents the flapper from dropping when it should. I doubt this is the problem, based on what you have described, but you might as well give it a try. If it is the problem, reduce the flow from the fill tube. I assume you know how to do this, so I won't waste any more of your time.

Sorry if this has already been suggested, but I fast-tracked to here because I couldn't take reading any more of the homeownerish-type questions and theories presented.

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
            HAHA I looked at his occupation too!

I have had some situations where the water pressure coming in to the tank is so great that it will keep the flapper floating as a combination of water and air going down the refill/overflow tube. It will create turbulence and keep the flapper floating.

Try turning down the volume on the angle stop or fill the tank and shut off the angle stop and see what happens.

If this corrects it, you all owe me $1

Joey
            OOPS.....Sorry Joey. I should have read all of the posts before posting my response. Will you share that dollar wth me now?

Bruce

Comment

LOL. Sure, but first I need to give Rick his cut and then there will not be much left. So we will split 50 cents

That's funny.
              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

I wonder what happened to the original poster?

Comment

there is no such thing with wasting our time because this is our life and with out people asking changeling questions then we would have to have a normal life
                  Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                  http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                  http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

HAHA Bruce, I just said the same thing on another thread.

Sorry if my laughter offended you too, but I just can't stop!
                    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                      HAHA Bruce, I just said the same thing on another thread.

Sorry if my laughter offended you too, but I just can't stop!
                      Laughter is always a positive thing....ALWAYS!

Life's not worth living if you can't laugh when you feel like it.

Bruce

Comment

Working...
                      X