Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big drain mystery!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Big drain mystery!

    First of all, you are a bigger *** than he is, second of all no one has fireplaces in my area, and 22 degree offsets were not in use in 1929.

    What Im looking for is something like:
    Yes that looks like it could be a cleanout for your storm sewer, the guy you had is an idiot.
    Locating should cost about $xxx and make sure they use XYZ equipment.
    Locating is(isn't) worth the trouble.
    You are better off tearing up your driveway and running new stuff.
    The usual sequence of drains is A then B and C, look at B and see if you see this or that, that would mean D, E or maybe F.

    You know, things an expert would know. Apparently you are all a bunch of run of the mill morons. Just the people Im trying to avoid using, can you tell me who you work for so I can avoid hiring you?

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Big drain mystery!

      Originally posted by twintrbo View Post
      First of all, you are a bigger *** than he is, second of all no one has fireplaces in my area, and 22 degree offsets were not in use in 1929.

      What Im looking for is something like:
      Yes that looks like it could be a cleanout for your storm sewer, the guy you had is an idiot.
      Locating should cost about $xxx and make sure they use XYZ equipment.
      Locating is(isn't) worth the trouble.
      You are better off tearing up your driveway and running new stuff.
      The usual sequence of drains is A then B and C, look at B and see if you see this or that, that would mean D, E or maybe F.

      You know, things an expert would know. Apparently you are all a bunch of run of the mill morons. Just the people Im trying to avoid using, can you tell me who you work for so I can avoid hiring you?
      I might be a "run of the mill moron", but I happen to know that 22 degree fittings were around in 1929. Maybe not for electricians, but we plumbers and fitters had them. Are you saying no one in your area has a fireplace? I now understand your limitations.
      the dog

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Big drain mystery!

        Originally posted by plumbdog10 View Post
        I might be a "run of the mill moron", but I happen to know that 22 degree fittings were around in 1929. Maybe not for electricians, but we plumbers and fitters had them. Are you saying no one in your area has a fireplace? I now understand your limitations.
        For the purist which are plenty on this forum (which is why I love it) I meant 22-1/2 degree fittings. I was using plumbers shorthand.
        the dog

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Big drain mystery!

          Twin turbo, sorry about your bad experience here, we just got our own ways about us. Here's a guy from NY-Tieger plumbing. Give him a call, he's local so he might help you better. Let us know how it works out with him. Best of luck....
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Big drain mystery!

            Originally posted by twintrbo View Post
            Ok you wanted pics, here they are!

            3665 shows the back of the house and where they turned the drain, the white elbow is the dead giveaway to where the problem begins.
            3666 is the closeup of where the drain used to go.
            3667 is the relationship of distance to all parts. Behind the chairs on the porch is where the drain used to be, the white leader on the floor under the hose to the right is where the roof water goes now, and the floor drain is the one thats partially clogged.
            3668 is where the old drain pipe was removed or cut back and covered up, the question is why?!
            3669 shows my sanitary cleanout pit, which was flooded yesterday (problem with pipe scale clogging trap) excuse the mess. The cap you can see goes to the street side, the brick is holding down the other cap since there was an issue getting it in, hence the flood in there. The 4" pipe in the back I'm told is not the main sewer line, and the one on the right is what Im told is the vent line. More pics in next post.

            Hi I just saw your posting,

            The leader pipe appears to be copper and someone installed a PVC fitting in it.

            Then they installed the piping across the house really weird set up to protect the awning and the lower gutter looks back pitched and has a belly in it.

            What you actually need is a roofing contractor to

            1- re pitch the gutters and support them properly

            2- Close the gutter opening and relocate one on the other side so it drops straight not going at that angle under the window

            3- One of the cast Iron pipes looks like an Fresh air in let but there should be a hub possibly on the side of the house Look for a cast iron hub that normally would have the leader line connect to from the gutter

            If you send me a private E mail I can give you the name of a roofer that can give you his opinion.

            Tiegerplumbing @AOL.com Or just look me up in the Bronx Yellow pages.

            Before you call any plumber have the roofing contractors look at it.

            The copper gutters in many cases can be salvaged by soldering the seams and using 14Oz copper to seal the down spout, (leader) What you have now that is definitely in the wrong location.

            There is also bitchastatic (SP) or possibly flashing cement and cotton impregnated membrane that also can be used to re line the gutter. Also Gutter guards should be considered to help keep the leaves out

            The running trap in the picture has two clean outs this shows it is the main combination system as a storm trap normally has only one CO opening and it would be located at least 40
            pipe diameters UP Stream from the sanitary (old code about 13 ft up stream).

            I am sure there has to be a storm piping inlet as even the old code Prior to the 1920s had provisions for these systems.

            What was added was never part of the origional.

            Try walking around the out side of your home look for a HUB

            Feel Free to call my office, hey you never know I may need the service of a great electrician.

            Sylvan

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Big drain mystery!

              Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
              That would be fine, except his first line clearly states "I need to know the best way to proceed without getting screwed by people who don't know their trade."


              Non profit means you work for FREE or do "folks" Sponge off the society by taking money from them and call it salary or commission.

              Not all business can be "non profit" and if the NP quit paying folks they would possibly turn a profit rather then wasting money paying someone to lose money

              Got to love grants that are set up to lose money.

              Guess it like the RED CROSS where 3cents on the dollar trickles down to really help victims as the NON profit folks take theirs off the top.
              dont worry just as long as you get paid that is all that counts

              God Bless America

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Big drain mystery!

                Sylvan, thanks for asking for more clarification on the non-profit I work at. It is an organization that provides housing for homeless single parents and their children that were former foster youth who were abused and abandoned by the people who were suppose to love and support them the most.

                I get paid, but I get more than money from what I do. Our families leave my agency into permanent housing as productive members of society with full time jobs and an education under their belt.

                I sleep well at night and take care of people with no cheating during the day.

                By the way, I notice it took you 14 days to come up with this. A high rise will never get done at this speed

                Joey
                I love my plumber

                "My Hero"

                Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Big drain mystery!

                  Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                  Sylvan, thanks for asking for more clarification on the non-profit I work at. It is an organization that provides housing for homeless single parents and their children that were former foster youth who were abused and abandoned by the people who were suppose to love and support them the most.

                  I get paid, but I get more than money from what I do. Our families leave my agency into permanent housing as productive members of society with full time jobs and an education under their belt.

                  I sleep well at night and take care of people with no cheating during the day.

                  By the way, I notice it took you 14 days to come up with this. A high rise will never get done at this speed

                  Joey
                  Hello Joey

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Big drain mystery!

                    Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                    Sylvan, thanks for asking for more clarification on the non-profit I work at. It is an organization that provides housing for homeless single parents and their children that were former foster youth who were abused and abandoned by the people who were suppose to love and support them the most.

                    I get paid, but I get more than money from what I do. Our families leave my agency into permanent housing as productive members of society with full time jobs and an education under their belt.

                    I sleep well at night and take care of people with no cheating during the day.

                    By the way, I notice it took you 14 days to come up with this. A high rise will never get done at this speed

                    Joey
                    Joey,

                    Thank you for what you do. You are a contributor.

                    Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                    I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Big drain mystery!

                      Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                      Sylvan, thanks for asking for more clarification on the non-profit I work at. It is an organization that provides housing for homeless single parents and their children that were former foster youth who were abused and abandoned by the people who were suppose to love and support them the most.

                      I get paid, but I get more than money from what I do. Our families leave my agency into permanent housing as productive members of society with full time jobs and an education under their belt.

                      I sleep well at night and take care of people with no cheating during the day.

                      By the way, I notice it took you 14 days to come up with this. A high rise will never get done at this speed

                      Joey


                      Well the taxes I pay help give these baby breeders a warm place to stay

                      What you should do is take them in your own home and cook for them clothes them and petition the government to increase BI lingual classes and give priority to Hispanics after all the land was stolen from them and they should be compensated.

                      A real blessing is for non profit folks NOT to take any income from these types of "charities" living off the backs of homeless is a disgrace, the salary should be used to help the unwed moms to get a bigger apartment as it their body and if they want to have more children I think the money you take in salary is depriving these people and their unborn children from a better living.

                      I also do not believe there should be a fence across boarders as Hillery Clinton has stated in NYC on many occasions we need to open the boarders to all who want to come here to work as many folks who are supposed to work for non profit organization take way to much in salary and the folks coming across the boarder know the problems the homeless face and they can do a better job for much less money then the "American" worker gets

                      Ever notice a bleeding heart liberal does take money fro "helping" others rather then donating all their time for FREE .

                      Terrible how not for profit "employees" takes money from the truly deserving folks

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Big drain mystery!

                        Originally posted by Sylvan Tieger View Post
                        Well the taxes I pay help give these baby breeders a warm place to stay

                        What you should do is take them in your own home and cook for them clothes them and petition the government to increase BI lingual classes and give priority to Hispanics after all the land was stolen from them and they should be compensated.

                        A real blessing is for non profit folks NOT to take any income from these types of "charities" living off the backs of homeless is a disgrace, the salary should be used to help the unwed moms to get a bigger apartment as it their body and if they want to have more children I think the money you take in salary is depriving these people and their unborn children from a better living.

                        I also do not believe there should be a fence across boarders as Hillery Clinton has stated in NYC on many occasions we need to open the boarders to all who want to come here to work as many folks who are supposed to work for non profit organization take way to much in salary and the folks coming across the boarder know the problems the homeless face and they can do a better job for much less money then the "American" worker gets

                        Ever notice a bleeding heart liberal does take money fro "helping" others rather then donating all their time for FREE .

                        Terrible how not for profit "employees" takes money from the truly deserving folks
                        You appear to have not read Joey's post but why would that surprise me. Being a oafish addle-pate to the rest of us is one thing but I suggest you show the ladies on the site a little more respect as they have the share of supporters who migtht be offended.

                        Mark
                        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                        I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: Big drain mystery!

                          *****************
                          Last edited by Woussko; 10-03-2007, 02:02 AM. Reason: Content was of a vulgar and angry nature

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: Big drain mystery!

                            Originally posted by Woussko View Post
                            Sylvan Tieger

                            GSYDD you sarr-fay - You know everything so figure out what GSYDD means.
                            Do you talk to your mother like that? TSK,TSK why not post it so they can see what a "potty mouth is"

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: Big drain mystery!

                              Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                              You appear to have not read Joey's post but why would that surprise me. Being a oafish addle-pate to the rest of us is one thing but I suggest you show the ladies on the site a little more respect as they have the share of supporters who migtht be offended.

                              Mark
                              A "Lady" would not call someone charging the right price "stealing".

                              The TRUTH shall set you free and knowing ones over head and knowing their worth helps make them a profitable operation thus they pay their workers for their talents.

                              Go to 20 lawyers and ask them their hourly rate Go to a dentist for teeth cleaning and then take the time it took and the amount charged to figure out the "hourly rate"

                              There is nothing wrong with someone making a decent living as this is why people flock to America.

                              I just respond in kind when someone posts remarks at me especially when they have no idea what so ever what it takes to run a successful operation and pay their employees enough so they can afford to own a home and buy decent cars and are able to spend quality time with their family.

                              If your helpers are making over $25 per hr what do you think you should charge for their labor?

                              How can anyone expect to entice gifted folks to come into the trades if your not willing to compensate them accordingly.

                              Paying higher salaries does not mean the contractor is stealing it is called spreading the wealth.....


                              NOTICE the following statement below

                              "That would be fine, except his first line clearly states "I need to know the best way to proceed without getting screwed by people who don't know their trade." << SNIP


                              I happen to know MY PROFESSION and charge accordingly It is the stumble bums who do not know how to and dabble in the fields who are crooks...

                              The NY Electrician did not state he didnt want to pay, He said he did NOT want to get SCREWED BY PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW THEIR TRADE" That is the BIG Difference

                              The License protects the consumer NOT the license holder BUT the uneducated cannot read between the lines RIGHT Mark?
                              Last edited by Sylvan Tieger; 09-27-2007, 07:29 PM.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: Big drain mystery!

                                Sylvan, you hit an all time low with that remark to Joey. Totally uncalled for no matter how you try to rationalize it.
                                Buy cheap, buy twice.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X