X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Pipe Threader

I am hoping someone can help me with a picture of a Ridgid Model 800a pipe threader? Does this really exist?

Re: Ridgid Pipe Threader

Yes it really does! there still a few out there.i don't have a pic but it looks like an old 535 but the jaws open and close automatically.
    A fishing pole is the best cordless tool!

Comment

Thank you for the response. Do you know how old this unit possibly is? I am looking to buy a threader and this one is for sale. He is asking $1850.00. He states the unit is in Excellent condition. Is this worth it

Comment

I have a 1215 (lightly used) and a couple 300s (heavily used). I never thought of selling them, but if you can handle a drive to northern Virginia from New York, I will work something out with you. If you're in no hurry, I might be able to incorperate delivery with a future trip to Montauk to shorten your drive. I could take some pictures of the 1215, but the 300s are in storage seventy miles away and I'm not sure when the next time I'll be there is.

I'm new to this forum and don't know if this type of post is acceptable, so if it's not, I am sorry. Please let me know and I will delete this post.

Bruce

Comment

I just checked Google and your drive to me would be 421 miles. That's a hike!

Comment

Bruce,

I like the 1215 but it onl goes up to 112", I need to go up to 2" for steam lines. How used are the other ones?

Thanks,
            Anthony

Comment

If you were going to buy a new (535a)it would cost you around 6000.00.so if it threads straight and the jaws are all in goodshape and opening and closing good,and there is no play in the drive shaft,and the motor sound strong when threading,and if some dies come with it,and you really are going to use it then i would jump on it.those old ridgid machines will last along time and they still have alot of the vital parts for it .(AT LEAST I THINK THEY DO)you can ask josh to check on that.
              chic.
              A fishing pole is the best cordless tool!

Comment

Originally posted by master plumber 76 View Post
                I am hoping someone can help me with a picture of a Ridgid Model 800a pipe threader? Does this really exist?

try this ebay link. i found it while browsing

http://cgi.ebay.com/RIDGID-800-THREADING-MACHINE_

try this ebay item # if the link doesn't work. item #140158087494
                good price too.

personally, i think you would like a more portable machine like the 300. plus they are more available and are about the same price range.

rick.
                Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 09-15-2007, 01:52 AM. Reason: new link.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  try this ebay link. i found it while browsing

http://cgi.ebay.com/RIDGID-800-THREADING-MACHINE_

try this ebay item # if the link doesn't work. item #140158087494
                  good price too.

personally, i think you would like a more portable machine like the 300. plus they are more available and are about the same price range.

rick.

Personally I like the Ridgid 700 as I can thread from 1/8th - 6" and ONE MAN operation.

Very light and easy to use on the 21/2 -6" pipe threads

Comment

Here's some pictures of my 1215. I have 3 sets of 811A die heads and dies to go with it.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sylvan Tieger View Post
                      Personally I like the Ridgid 700 as I can thread from 1/8th - 6" and ONE MAN operation.

Very light and easy to use on the 21/2 -6" pipe threads

Are you talking about with a hogs head for 2 1/2 -6"? You are kidding about the light? Right?

The only reason i suggest a 700 is if you can't move the pipe. i.e. Its already installed.

But as for an 800a. I would make sure parts are available. Even if it is in good shape.

Personnally, For a $1000 more look into the Wheeler Rex 7090 NEW about the same price as a Ridgid 300 Complete new. Portable light weight can use ridgid dies and die heads. 1/8 - 2" capacity. Built in oiler, cutter, and reamer.
                      Last edited by brianb; 09-17-2007, 01:23 PM.
                      Check us out at:
                      http://www.fwbrental.com
                      Specializing in electrical and mechanical contracting equipment!

Comment

Working...
                      X