Ridgid K-50 not spinning cable..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid K-50 not spinning cable..

Hello all sorry to bother but can anyone give me some help with my fairly new Ridgid k-50? The clutch handle works but it does not squeeze hard enough to grab and spin the half inch cable that i need to use. Is there an adjustment because i opened it and checked the clutch jaw and it is fairly new. Please any help will be appreciated..

Re: Ridgid K-50 not spinning cable..

1/2" cable? Are you sure it's not 5/8"? If it is 1/2", that's your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by elacesar View Post
      Hello all sorry to bother but can anyone give me some help with my fairly new Ridgid k-50? The clutch handle works but it does not squeeze hard enough to grab and spin the half inch cable that i need to use. Is there an adjustment because i opened it and checked the clutch jaw and it is fairly new. Please any help will be appreciated..

bruce has got it.

the k-50 uses a 5/8'' sectional open wind cable. it comes in 7'-6'' sections. also it runs drum adapters for 5/16'' and 3/8'' cable.

1/2'' cable is too small. there is no adjustment on the clutch.

is this a sectional cable or a continuous length cable?

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks for the help guys.. Its a continuous length cable and i didnt think that one eighth of an inch would make a difference. I have the 5/16th drum adapter and it does spin the adapter and the cable but i thought it should squeeze it hard enough so the cable wont slide in and out. Thanks for the help guys..

Comment

Speaking of the K-50, I broke out our brand new K-50 for the first time today, and ruined the cable within the first 2 feet. I wasn't a happy camper today.

Comment

Make sure the clutch jaw is in alinement,if you have loosend up the front end for any reason it could have moved out of position.cheak out the breakdown on your machine.the clutch jaw comes in different sizes also.
            A fishing pole is the best cordless tool!

Comment

Originally posted by Ozone89 View Post
              Speaking of the K-50, I broke out our brand new K-50 for the first time today, and ruined the cable within the first 2 feet. I wasn't a happy camper today.
              Did you find out the cause?
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Thanks guys for the help.. I did not know that the clutch jaw came in different sizes! I noticed that the clutch jaw does not squeeze the adapter tube where it should/ If i pull out the adapter two inches it will squeeze correctly because i guess it was not cut to the correct spot. I will keep trying..

Comment

Working...
                X