X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilti 56 equivilant recommendations

Finding a real need for a Hilti 56 lately. Has anyone tried the other brand equivilants? Don't mind the money but are they worth it? I've only used Hilti so I have nothing to compare it to.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Hilti 56 equivilant recommendations

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
    Finding a real need for a Hilti 56 lately. Has anyone tried the other brand equivilants? Don't mind the money but are they worth it? I've only used Hilti so I have nothing to compare it to.
    My opinion is that Hilti makes the best roto-hammers, by far. A second would be Milwaukee, which I think makes the best power tools other than roto-hammers (Hiliti), and circular saws (Skil).

So I would replace the Hiliti.
    the dog

Comment

I have owned various Hilti, Milwaukee and Hitachi rotary hammers. I think I only have Milwaukees left, due to employee loss/theft/lack of care, so Milwaukee is what I use. The Hiltis were always the most expensive, but worked well and are more ergonomically designed than the rest. The Milwaukees were usually less expensive than the Hilti, but more than the Hitachi. The Hitachis were the least expensive, but were harder to get repaired. As far as performance goes, I always thought the Hitachi hammers were the best, especially for the price.

I think it is hard to give you a valid "equivalent" when so many personal preference factors are involved. The Hilti 56 looks like a nice tool. If you are already used to it and like it, do yourself a favor and buy it.

Comment

Stay with the Hilti you won't be happy with anything less.

Bite the bullet when it comes to purchasing and repairs.

Nothing worse than having a tool that won't perform

Comment

Are you going to be able to get a 4" line through a concrete footing with steel in it?

Don't know how much you are planning on using it

I was looking into these a few months back and got close to justifying a purchase.Nothing worse than making a big buy and having to rent on the very next job.

I think I came up with the fact that you could get through with the 56 but hilti speced the job for 76atc sds-max,I think they changed the chuck too,some kind of Y design(?)

I was also concerned about how often I was going to need the rare extra punch versus having to lug around the uneeded weight on a more often occassion.

Also looking at the Bosch line.Still comparing beats per minute and force with hilti and others.

I'm only seeing myself using this tool 15-20 times a year for penetrations.I use my demo-hammer now for breaking.Use the smaller tool rotary hammer drill for over-head brilling and fine chipping.So I will be saving the wear time on a larger rotary.Not used everyday so I may not need the extra durable hilti.

Comment

I would stay with the hilti(BY far the best),the hitachi hits very well,and the dewalts and bosch are very good,milwaukee is just so so as far as a quality hammer drills go.
            A fishing pole is the best cordless tool!

Comment

I prefer Hilti but have been on a few jobs with Bosch and they performed OK.
              After Hitli I'd take a Bosch in the larger hammer drills (Hilti TE-17, TE-60 and such), otherwise a Milwaukee would be second to the Hilti in the smaller sizes (TE-12 and smaller).
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
              ---------
              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
              ---------
              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
              X