Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: using a vent pipe for sewer drain??

Originally posted by Sylvan Tieger View Post
    heheheh told you so nah nah nah Dirty hands dont you think you should read the rule books in your area?

Don't you love So called plumbers who have no idea what is going on in their own back yard ???

Must be you on the meds guy as you didnt know about the GC 3 trade ruling ...wake up and start fixing the problem of NON licensed "dudes" dabbling in the trades by putting pressure on the building officials and inspectors

THANKFULLY GC's are there as I now see why the plumbing trade in Calif is going going and soon GONE

Civilized areas will NOT allow a GC to do electrical or plumbing BUT in your areas case I now fully understand WHY the need for GC's to do plumbing as someone has to know what is going on

Originally Posted by toolaholic
    Sylvan , Wrong , I'm a lic. B. Ca. Gen Con.since 84. A gen. cont. can pull a plumb. permit ,when there are a min. of 3 trades involved in one project. I have plumbed ,wired and have many projects signed off over the years. The $500 law does not let handymen pull permits.

Wow finally a list that talks about TRADE Issues and how Politics do affect them instead of name calling unlike DH heehhehehe

"So called plumber"?
    I have only found 1 man in the last 15 years that can keep up.I am willing to bet you cannot either.

I am also confident that this forum has the ability to provide someone who can better my abilities,thats why I am here.Including your ability to teach me to bite my tongue.

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
      I completely agree with you mark, and I second your stand in regards tot he $500 to $5,000 increase. Not that it would do any more good, but I think they should lower it to $250.00. Increasing it to $5,000 would further put the trade down the toilet, if you get my wiff
      Personally I think they should NOT under any circumstances allow anyone without a valid masters license or journeyman's card working under the master plumber to dabble in any plumbing.

Even minor repairs someone can cause a cross connection

One example was a 27 story CO-OP I have as an account and on a Sunday they called Blue water on the 17th floor

I checked all the apartments above the 17 th and found the handyman installed a fluid master 200A and the had shut the riser to do repairs and drained the system and thus sucking the tank contents out, which had a blue tank cleaner

This was minor but it could have been really bad news.

Plumbing like medicine requires a license and once you open the door even a little for non licensed NON SKILLED folks to get a foot in then the leg follows and your just lost the battle

Nothing against GC's BUT what difference does a monetary value have to do with knowing codes?

Strong code enforcement. No license then don't dabble in plumbing.

For $200 a guy can do a heck of a lot of gas damages or cross connections or poor venting like the AAV crap that some folks install as they say its FAST.. I never thought of this profession as a race to get in and get out

Like saying she is only a little pregnant no harm done

West Coast I normally agree with you 100% but I think there should be no exceptions to who does plumbing your either licensed or your not touching it

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
        I completely agree with you mark, and I second your stand in regards tot he $500 to $5,000 increase. Not that it would do any more good, but I think they should lower it to $250.00. Increasing it to $5,000 would further put the trade down the toilet, if you get my wiff
        Personally I think they should NOT under any circumstances allow anyone without a valid masters license or journeyman's card working under the master plumber to dabble in any plumbing.

Even minor repairs someone can cause a cross connection

One example was a 27 story CO-OP I have as an account and on a Sunday they called Blue water on the 17th floor

I checked all the apartments above the 17 th and found the handyman installed a fluid master 200A and the had shut the riser to do repairs and drained the system and thus sucking the tank contents out, which had a blue tank cleaner

This was minor but it could have been really bad news.

Plumbing like medicine requires a license and once you open the door even a little for non licensed NON SKILLED folks to get a foot in then the leg follows and your just lost the battle

Nothing against GC's BUT what difference does a monetary value have to do with knowing codes?

Strong code enforcement. No license then don't dabble in plumbing.

For $200 a guy can do a heck of a lot of gas damages or cross connections or poor venting like the AAV crap that some folks install as they say its FAST.. I never thought of this profession as a race to get in and get out

Like saying she is only a little pregnant no harm done

West Coast I normally agree with you 100% but I think there should be no exceptions to who does plumbing your either licensed or your not touching it

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          Adam,

Don't bother repling as it is like trying to hit a moving target. It now looks like we are going from his original post regarding the handyman exemptions to a GC pulling 3-non related trades.

Mark
          Mark, I think talking about licensing is very important

GAMA talks a lot of crap about the dangers of gas fired water heaters etc YET they allow home centers to sell all kinds of appliances to the DIY crowd

Plumbing can learn a hell of a lot from the professionals of the HVAC profession.

To get any type of refrigerant one has to show their license WHY cant the same be done for the plumbing trade?

It is the new guys who are going to take the severe hit as the codes and code enforcement becomes more lax.

I just like to get folks to think out side of the box and look at what is going on.

First they say $500 what kind of joke is that?

The plumbing industry board should have jumped right down the politicians throats as soon as they even thought of passing something so ludicrous.

Now its $500 what happens when it jumps to $20,000 and don't say it cant happen.

Look how many Americans were murdered under the Clinton regime of terror using his attack dog Janet Reno and the out of court wrongful death settlement for Ruby Ridge then the massacre of 104 people in Waco Texas and the middle of the night home invasion in fla.

Someone has to take a stand and say what the hell is going on that you allow anyone to work in a highly technical profession without being stopped.

This problem is not going to go away and it will get worse until people start thinking how they cannot make a decent living because they didn't take a stand when it started.

Lose one right may as well lose them all....

Comment

So sorry to see this post headed down the drain,so to speak. Let's get back to the project. Guys do You see no senero ,where this 4" stack couldn't be used as a wet vent? Keep in mind we haven't seen the layout. Thanks tool
            PS. beating up Generals ,that plumb , deserves it's own post!
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
              So sorry to see this post headed down the drain,so to speak. Let's get back to the project. Guys do You see no senero ,where this 4" stack couldn't be used as a wet vent? Keep in mind we haven't seen the layout. Thanks tool
              PS. beating up Generals ,that plumb , deserves it's own post!
              Yes Adam was the only one who addressed it.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by Sylvan Tieger View Post

Plumbing can learn a hell of a lot from the professionals of the HVAC profession.

To get any type of refrigerant one has to show their license WHY cant the same be done for the plumbing trade?

You don't need a license, you need you EPA certification. Two totally different things.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                X