X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installing pedistal sinks

Always time consuming, for Me ,usually By My self. Trap hookup, while lowering on pedistal isn't fun! Any tricks appreciated
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: installing pedistal sinks

tool, pedestals are not fun. if the sink is a wall hung and will support itself without the pedestal/leg, then no problem. hang it first using the ruff in sheet for the proper bolt pattern. if no sheet, then make a dry test run and mark the holes.

prefab the faucet and pop up. keep the wall bolts loose enough to tilt the sink and slide the leg under. make up the slip joint on the trap union last. that's always the fun part, getting the pliers behind the leg to tighten the last connection. they make a special slip joint nut wrench that fits the trap slip joint, but it doesn't always work the best.

a second person is nice, but 1 person that knows what they're doing will work.

when all is level and properly tested, caulk the sink to the wall and the leg to the floor and sink bottom to secure it.

i just did a monster of a pedestal 2 weeks ago. always fun

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Thank's Rick,that will help
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Tool,
        Because the castings are so irregular on any of the porcelain products,if the basin does not have a hanger for full support over the pedestal I set the basin on the pedestall up against the wall at the point of instalation,level it while finding the best compromise for pedestall placement then mark for mounting.This also helps aquiring the measurements needed to preset the P-trap as Rick stated earlier.

Comment

Working...
        X