Pressure or volume problem.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure or volume problem.

Awhile back i had some plumbing work done and when the water was turned back on the pressure was not the same. When you first turn the water on at any faucet it comes out normally for about 5-8 seconds then its only about maybe 1/4 of normal. Leave the faucet off for 10-15 seconds and then turn it on and it's normal again for a few seconds. The maintenance guy comes over and takes a look around for leaks and then replies that the pipes must be clogged. I tried to explain that it was fine until the water was shut off then turned back on, but he thinks it's clogged pipes. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Re: Pressure or volume problem.

My only thought is if they turned the valve all the way on.
    info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Sounds like volume if the pressure is there when you first turn on the tap. Did they turn the main valve on all the way after they shut it off?

Comment

What type of work did you have done and what kind of pipe is in your house?
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

it's a volume issue that keeps the pressure low.

i would verify that the main shut off valve is open the whole way and not broken. also if there is a pressure regulator, make sure the filter screen is not plugged up.

this is on a city water supply correct?

it does affect both hot and cold?

how about your outside irrigation system?

i've even seen where the water meter has failed and creates this issue.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

The water was shut off to replace the water heater. The pipe is plastic for both the hot and cold. The problem exists for both hot and cold water. No irrigation system is installed. Yes it's city water, i suspect it's the main shut off valve is broken or damaged(looks very old) because it seems to take a lot of effort to turn it off and on, more than should be required.

Comment

Possible main valve problem. Maybe the gate dropped in the valve.

Comment

Working...
              X