X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hot water pressure

I am having a problem with my hot water pressure everywhere in my home it is barely a trickle.. my home is about 100 years old and does not go through a hot water heater we have a furnace does any one have any idea whats wrong with it?????!!!

Re: hot water pressure

The galvanized steel piping in your house needs replacing...
    They rust shut and kill the water volume that can flow through them...

Comment

Originally posted by camarata View Post
      I am having a problem with my hot water pressure everywhere in my home it is barely a trickle.. my home is about 100 years old and does not go through a hot water heater we have a furnace does any one have any idea whats wrong with it?????!!!
      Like Markts30 said it could be rusted galv. piping and probably is, but it could be something as simple as a partially closed valve.

Hows the cold water pressure?..same or much better?

How long has this been happening?..any history with plumbers working there?

What type of hot water heating system is it exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
        Like Markts30 said it could be rusted galv. piping and probably is, but it could be something as simple as a partially closed valve.

Hows the cold water pressure?..same or much better?

How long has this been happening?..any history with plumbers working there?

What type of hot water heating system is it exactly?
        the cold water pressure is fine....and when we turn on the water in the kitchen we get good hot water pressurein the bathroom..this has been happening for the past month and we have peerless heats through the boiler

Comment

Are they galvanized steel pipes, or are they gray plastic pipe or what? Galvanized pipe could react to the chemicals in your water, which may cause it to stink. If you have plastic pipes they should be CPVC pipe. They are white in color. First check to make sure that your supply tubing (flex-hose) from the hot water shut-off valve to your faucet is "kinked." Is it restricted in anyway?

Comment

Working...
          X