No announcement yet.

Vintage Ridgid Pipe Wrenches

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Vintage Ridgid Pipe Wrenches

    I picked up three Ridgid pipe wrenches at the antique store today and want to figure out how old they might be. I have never seen any Ridgids that look like these. They have the usual castings on the handle and jaws with the older interlocked "D" and "G". What sets them apart is that the end of the jaw (the side parallel to the handle) is flat as opposed to the contemporary rounded off design. Also, on the 18" model, the depression on the handle ends 3/4 of the way down. The remainder of the handle is as thick as the outer ridges on the rest of the wrench. I will try to get some pictures taken at some point.
    Any Ideas?

    There was a lot of stuff in that antique store, I had to really use some self control. There was a hand crank sink drain cleaner that was "new in box" that I will have to go back for as well as some pipe wrenches with wood handles. Too much great stuff. I gotta get some decorations for the new apartment.