Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can you increase the Water Pressure ?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can you increase the Water Pressure ?

Re: How can you increase the Water Pressure ?

and your a plumber? 2nd post in and you are asking this.........hummmmmmm
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by molly123 View Post
      What's the situation.Since your a plumber we're talking about a special situation,way beyond the normal suggestions the forum would make to a lamen.

Comment

there is 2 points here molly, point one, you did not give no where near enough information to even begain to help, as in weather this might be at on fixure, or for the whole home.

point two, we really do not mind helping out a home owner, as long as the home own addmit ti being a home owner, see if you were a plumber you should either know this or be able to ask someone at your shop. we are not tring to be nasty or mean but we come here almost ever day and some one will post a question like yours and then when it is answered the never say thanks or they want to argue that we are are wrong.
        9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Since Molly does list the trade as "plumber", I will bite on this one.

You need to install a "booster pump".

Regards,

Comment

Out here in the country side, if some one has a water supply and no or little pressure via a cistern or storage tank.
            We put in a jet pump and the bladder pressure tank, with a pressure switch, and then pull out of a cistern or storage tank that may be filled either by a lower capacity pump or a windmill, (most systems that have enough gallon age jsut pump from well directly into a pressurized storage tank for the waters systems pressure, depending on the well, either from a jet or submersible pump, usually no large storage tank used).

The capacity of the pump I would think should not have more gallon age flow than what the supply can provide, Simply stated it would be the same as a shallow well pump but there is no well, but a supply pipe I am guessing from a city water supply. the larger the bladder tank the less pressure noticeable pressure change from hi to low settings and the pump will cycle less, and will not short cycle.

In my own situation, my windmills pump into a 9000 gallon storage tank, (by gravity feed I have about 5 pounds of pressure (if tank is full) in the house and about 8 pounds in the barn, but (unless the power is out) the jet pump sucks water out of the storage tank and down line of the jet pump (in my situation) there are two large bladder pressure tanks, (like an expansion tank on a hot water heater), and a pressure switch set for 30-40 psi, and there is a check valve in the jet pump, when the water line pressure is below 30 psi the jet pump kicks on and pumps water the extra over the flow needed goes in to the pressure tanks, against the air pressure cushion, when 40psi is reached it shuts off, and small flows are handled by the stored water in the pressure tanks, and major flows will come out of the tank and be feed by the pressure tanks and the pump, but when the pressure reaches 40 psi, the pump shuts back off. (this is what the Farm/ranch is watered by),

I measure the flow per min, and size my pump by that,
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You did not state why you have a low pressure problem, and that may make a difference on how to tackle the problem, and how to solve the problem.
            Last edited by BHD; 11-28-2007, 10:57 AM.
            Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
            attributed to Samuel Johnson
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by molly123 View Post
              is this a test or a question for a plumber you need more info. please supply more info about this and your own experience as a plumber.

are you sure it's a pressure issue or a volume issue.

do you have a pressure regulator? what is the incoming pressure before and after the regulator.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Often the problem will appear to be a pressure issue when it comes to volume or flow issue. A restriction in a line or just having a long line or under sized line could be the problem. There are many considerations; do you have enough pressure at your mains? Do you have an old furred up pipe work, perhaps lead or galv? Is your main stop open fully?
                If you install a pressure gauge, you can check pressure. It should be above about 35 PSI. 35 PSI would be on the low side, but should be ok. Look at the http://www.milwaukeeplumbers123.com then look at it when the water is on full in the bathtub. If the pressure is ok until you turn on the water than it is a flow problem.

Comment

One way to over come this is to install a pressure tank and check valve. The tank will give you the flow and the check valve will keep the flow going only into the tank or house. The in-coming flow will feed your tank and house as the water is used, so the tank should last for a long time before you see a loss of pressure. I have had good results with this set up. One last thing to check is for clogged aerators at the sinks and showerheads. Good luck.

Comment

hmmm....soo many possibilities....I thinkj I would start with cleaning out the screens on the faucets, and if that doesn't work, I might offer up some more information on the job so we would have a clue where to start.....Just a thought....Rick
                    The Other Rick

Comment

Wow, you guys are easy. A single Q by the person starting this thread and you are off to the races.

we're installing booster pumps, cleaning screens, new check valves and tanks.

I'll bet molly123 (whoever he/she is), and probably Dog are both laughing their butts off watching the show.

It's all good helping someone by answering a question such as this, but as OSC said;, we need more info to make even a half-baked diagnosis on this.
                      ---------------
                      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                      ---------------
                      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                      ---------
                      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                      ---------
                      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X