• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Venting Condensation

Comments anyone!!.......please.

This is too scary for me.

Prope no vent

Desperate,you do know many people have died from doing what your doing.
    Last edited by drtyhands; 12-02-2007, 08:59 PM.

Comment

They are common around here. Many homes with them. Lowe's sells them by the truckload. Some are wall hung, some are floor-type. They contain a low- oxygen sensor and a CO sensor. If either triggers it automatically shuts down. No deaths caused by them reported in the local news in the two years I have been here.
      Go
      Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Easy there Adam no need to be alarmed...yet

I'm guessing the propane heater is vent free model putting out warm moist air and condensing on the cool PVC pipe.

Now it's starting to make sence....I think...wait... she has been running the gas stove and no sign of condensing......hmmm.

I still think humidifier it set too high. DH can you check to see what the humidistat is set at on the heat pump?

Comment

no humidifer.

Comment

OK I'm out...anyone else got something?

Comment

Originally posted by Gofor View Post
              They are common around here. Many homes with them. Lowe's sells them by the truckload. Some are wall hung, some are floor-type. They contain a low- oxygen sensor and a CO sensor. If either triggers it automatically shuts down. No deaths caused by them reported in the local news in the two years I have been here.
              Go
              PHEW!!
              So much to learn about the rest of the world.

Comment

Here is an update on this situation! Thanks to everyone that tried to helpEach in your own way, got us thinking in the direction that we finally arrived at! Thank you!

It turns out that there was an elbow joint just about the ceiling line. Yes there was condensation in the pipe, but the elbow joint lost it's seal . so farther down the pipe (where we had drywall damage) the water was dripping on the outside of the pipe. Ended up removing more sheet rock till we got to the joint, sure enough, that was the problem. We have replaced the joint, lets keep our fingers crossed!

Thanks again to everyone that responded!

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                  The PVC pipe may have a small leak on it somewhere and condensation and/or rainwater from inside the pipe is leaking down.
                  Glad to hear it worked out for you

Comment

Working...
                  X