Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Never give up your right to be wrong.

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
    I have to ask are either of you two new guys "W. Hodding Carter" or have you ever read his book "Flushed"? This thread has just been too wierd!

Mark
    Lets say, hypothetically speaking, I'd been talked into going to an MLM/pyramid type seminar where the host ranted and raved about a product that would revolutionize society.
    I then invest a boat load of money and buy a thousand units, convinced I'd make millions, all to discover nobody wants them.
    I'd be scrambling wildly in an attempt to get rid of them fast.
    Thats just hypothetical.
    Mr Crapper might invoke more credibility by espousing his incredible plumbing knowledge on these boards in other topics and threads.
    I for one would like to hear what the plumbing is like in his area, maybe we could chat code, local ordinances/differences, or preferred stock $ fixtures in that area.
    That might really boost his credibil;ity, and flushables as well.
    Also, DUNBAR....thank you for making this a thread worth reading.

Comment

Originally posted by garager View Post
      OK, E-Mail sent, I will hook it up right away, when I receive it. My whole family will try it out for a period of time, and if we like it, it'll stay on. Then I will post each family member response. And I'll tell you what, if it does seem to be a hit, you can guarantee I will refer this product, to my customers. Thank You saysflushable.
      The hardest part, will be the kids, they will laugh like crazy at first, then they will get serious about it. Kids are tough when it comes to something new such as this.

Garager,

There are some must know instructions all operators should know before using your new toilet seat bidet.

Instructions for installation; I will state the unobvious pointers- we have learned the hard way so you don’t have to.
      • Center the nozzle and place it, ¾” (one finger width) from the inside of the bowl on round fronts and 1” or 1 ½” (two fingers) for an elongated bowl.
      • Don’t test the unit by standing facing up range of the unit and turn the dial on. You will get wet.
      • Ignore the dial settings (low-medium-high) turn up the volume as you go to your comfort level.

User instructions; basically what not to do, because we did it so you don’t have to.
      • Dry firing this unit before you go to the bathroom is not the best way to gauge it caliber, however it is great for sighting in the laser guidance system. This unit will startle you with its accuracy.
      • After you go to the bathroom- #2 resist the conditioned reflex to grab the toilet paper. Then reach down and turn up the volume slowly, because you will be surprised!!! (how did it know to hit me there, you will probably verbalize a little bewildered glee). Subconsciously you more than likely turned the water off. So turn it back on and let it do its job for ten to twenty seconds; this time it will be even better, still a little weird , but better. (you might find your self in a giggle fit, this is normal and expected)

• Now it is time for the paper test; do a dab and wipe, looks (brown), wash again. You will discover with this unit that moving around just a wee bit will speed the clean to a ten second blast at most.
      • If you are potty training don’t leave said child unattended, (I did and it set potty training back a week or two and this will anger the wife greatly.) Bidets will help in potty training, that is a fact. Just think about it, we pamper their little behinds with baby wipes, powder and ointments. Then they learn how to go to the bathroom on the big potty and we punish them with a dry abrasive and a curious itch that won’t go away. Then yell at them for touching and picking; by the way, this is when we learn how to hide the underwear at the bottom of the pile.

Just food for thought toilet seat bidets would be great in preschools because of the hands free cleaning. Hear no evil, see no evil, think no evil and there is no reason to touch my child private’s evil.
      • Every time you use water things will be little clearer to you and you will begin to notice that going to the bathroom at work really stinks.
      • Then you will go away for a sleep over and discover how much you miss your bidet.
      • You are so excited of your new discovery and tell your friends and discover that they will freak and you will be looked at as being gross. As you have learned here that there is nothing you can do to change their minds sober. (a toilet seat bidet with warm water is the hit of the party) Do not bring one to a wedding reception, this will anger all the wives.

Good luck and feel free to give me a call if you have any questions.
      And remember the best way to get out of a boring conversation is mention how much you like your bidet.

John C.

Comment

Originally posted by John Crapper III View Post
        Rick,

Thank you are right. I should have stayed on the high ground, and not try to use shame. It was clearly ineffective. I was expecting everyone to run out and buy bidets after I wrote what I did. I wasn’t trying to deceive you Rick, only keeping things real.

When ever someone tells a racist joke I do the same thing. If they are telling a black joke, I look at them with a serious look and say, hey my wife is black.
        I like a good joke don’t get me wrong.

Bidets redefine Americans fear of water and one of the defense mechanisms is to try to make fun of the people using them. I will use what ever it takes to knock the smile off of someone’s face when they are making fun of a fellow bidet user. When you have so many people telling you that their bidets were a god send to them, you will have the same conviction that I have. And then maybe you will stand up for their right to try something with out being shamed by a group of fearful sheep, too afraid to try anything different.

Rick, you are the last person that should be pointing the finger about having an ulterior motive in this forum. 3200 posts for nothing? Come on dude, what are your getting out of this…who is paying you for your wit and charm? Can you be the only person on this sight who is passionate about something.

I am here to open minds to a new concept, so the people who really need to use a bidet are not afraid to say that they are using one around other people. I have installed toilet seat bidets in restaurants for press, I have installed a bidet for a radio personality in Grand Rapids Michigan for press. Why am I doing this? I am doing it for fun, and the hopes that your wife will return your set of balls back to you, so you dare try one someday. And then I am looking forward to your review. (she said she has them in case you were wondering how I new, my wife keeps mine in her purse.)

Rick give it a try, build a shop and put it in if you have to. I will stop using a bidet for a week if you try water for a week.

Thanks again for reminding me to stay on higher ground.

John C.
        mr crapper, i called your bluff and now you attack me.

i'm the one out $700. plus tax for a gift that my wife doesn't want.

if you do any reading other than this thread. you will see that the bidet seat has been the topic of my discussion for the last few days. not to mention countless phone calls to other members.

by the way, you're reference to your post should have been to rick 1643, not to plumber rick.

please get your players right. you would never be able to hold your ground on the chat nights.

do you have anything other than bidet knowledge. i think you stated earlier 100+ prior postings that you have 10 years experience in plumbing. surly, you've done more than bidet installations in that time.

i now know that this thread is just becoming a far fetched wild imagination of your creative writing skills.

lets start to talk real plumbing.

no more fairy tail stories with imaginary names, mr john crapper III

plumber rick I.
        Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 12-12-2007, 10:07 PM.
        phoebe it is

Comment

[quote=DuckButter;109002]Lets say, hypothetically speaking, I'd been talked into going to an MLM/pyramid type seminar where the host ranted and raved about a product that would revolutionize society.
          I then invest a boat load of money and buy a thousand units, convinced I'd make millions, all to discover nobody wants them.
          I'd be scrambling wildly in an attempt to get rid of them fast.
          Thats just hypothetical.
          Mr Crapper might invoke more credibility by espousing his incredible plumbing knowledge on these boards in other topics and threads.
          I for one would like to hear what the plumbing is like in his area, maybe we could chat code, local ordinances/differences, or preferred stock $ fixtures in that area.
          That might really boost his credibil;ity, and flushables as well.
          Also, DUNBAR....thank you for making this a thread worth reading.[/quot

Duck,

It looks like we are finally agreeing; I would never dare go up against you Alfalfa dogs in the plumbing arena. You would collectively devourer my opinion and spit it back to me.

I am not one to give advice that I am not sure about giving. I came to this site to learn; when I think I know everything about plumbing, I will throw in my two cents. Right now I will just watch the plumbing debates between the top dogs and let you sort it out and then take the advice of the winner.

Until you try a toilet seat bidet you will never know if I am credible or not. It would be easy for you to find out if what I am saying is creditable. Try a toilet seat bidet; I know that this is out of the question for you, because you don’t like to be wrong. If you try one you might like it, so by not trying one you will never be wrong.

Open your mind and compare, then you will be creditable. Right now you have no creditability because you have not even tried a product or two; I have tried over 10 bidets. How many have you tried?. You would have been arguing against toilet paper, when sage grass was working just fine with out even trying it.

So get over your potty training fears and come back when you are ready to try one. Then you will have a creditable opinion here. Remember I have tried both paper and water, this alone makes me more credible. (anyone bidet user disagree?)

If you haven’t noticed we have moved passed the scorn and ridicule stages. We have moved into the acceptance stage, this is where we can discuss how the machine works. We can answer some good questions and debate who has the best tool on the market, isn’t that what we do here.

If your not willing to try the tool then keep us updated from time to time on your progress and when you have tried a tool long enough to be a credible critic, I will take any advice you want to give.

Thank you,
          John C.

Comment

I have to ask are either of you two new guys "W. Hodding Carter" or have you ever read his book "Flushed"? This thread has just been too wierd!

Mark
            Utah, I liked the "Flushed" book and wrote a review of it on this forum. I liked it, though it was flawed. But I have to agree, this is a strange thread. It's so strange even I'm staying out of it.
            the dog

Comment

Originally posted by plumbdog10 View Post
              Utah, I liked the "Flushed" book and wrote a review of it on this forum. I liked it, though it was flawed. But I have to agree, this is a strange thread. It's so strange even I'm staying out of it.

if you were to jump in who would you be barking at

just curious if you've followed all the happenings.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Thats when ya know it's bad.
                Real bad.

Comment

Garager,

There are some must know instructions all operators should know before using your new toilet seat bidet.

Instructions for installation; I will state the unobvious pointers- we have learned the hard way so you don’t have to.
                  • Center the nozzle and place it, ¾” (one finger width) from the inside of the bowl on round fronts and 1” or 1 ½” (two fingers) for an elongated bowl.
                  • Don’t test the unit by standing facing up range of the unit and turn the dial on. You will get wet.
                  • Ignore the dial settings (low-medium-high) turn up the volume as you go to your comfort level.
                  User instructions; basically what not to do, because we did it so you don’t have to.
                  • Dry firing this unit before you go to the bathroom is not the best way to gauge it caliber, however it is great for sighting in the laser guidance system. This unit will startle you with its accuracy.
                  • After you go to the bathroom- #2 resist the conditioned reflex to grab the toilet paper. Then reach down and turn up the volume slowly, because you will be surprised!!! (how did it know to hit me there, you will probably verbalize a little bewildered glee). Subconsciously you more than likely turned the water off. So turn it back on and let it do its job for ten to twenty seconds; this time it will be even better, still a little weird , but better. (you might find your self in a giggle fit, this is normal and expected)
                  • Now it is time for the paper test; do a dab and wipe, looks (brown), wash again. You will discover with this unit that moving around just a wee bit will speed the clean to a ten second blast at most.
                  • If you are potty training don’t leave said child unattended, (I did and it set potty training back a week or two and this will anger the wife greatly.) Bidets will help in potty training, that is a fact. Just think about it, we pamper their little behinds with baby wipes, powder and ointments. Then they learn how to go to the bathroom on the big potty and we punish them with a dry abrasive and a curious itch that won’t go away. Then yell at them for touching and picking; by the way, this is when we learn how to hide the underwear at the bottom of the pile.
                  Just food for thought toilet seat bidets would be great in preschools because of the hands free cleaning. Hear no evil, see no evil, think no evil and there is no reason to touch my child private’s evil.
                  • Every time you use water things will be little clearer to you and you will begin to notice that going to the bathroom at work really stinks.
                  • Then you will go away for a sleep over and discover how much you miss your bidet.
                  • You are so excited of your new discovery and tell your friends and discover that they will freak and you will be looked at as being gross. As you have learned here that there is nothing you can do to change their minds sober. (a toilet seat bidet with warm water is the hit of the party) Do not bring one to a wedding reception, this will anger all the wives.
                  Good luck and feel free to give me a call if you have any questions.
                  And remember the best way to get out of a boring conversation is mention how much you like your bidet.

John C.
                  After 16 pages of a thread and 48 posts by you I believe it is time to stop the sales pitch and put up or shut up. You have given us very little information for us to judge your product by, other than slowly bringing us into the conversation. As you did not answer my question regarding the book "Flushed" I think we can eliminate the thought you are a Toto dealer. Furthermore, because you did not include the electrical warnings in your instructions or any feature which requires electricity I am assuming the unit is non-powered. Due to the lack of information you have made available regarding your product I have deducted the following add-on must be your product.

http://sports-imports.stores.yahoo.net/unadtobisy.html

As it appears to be such an armature product I don't believe you will be getting my endorsement.

Mark
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I actually acquired the book based on your recommendation.

Thanks-Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      mr crapper, i called your bluff and now you attack me.

i'm the one out $700. plus tax for a gift that my wife doesn't want.

if you do any reading other than this thread. you will see that the bidet seat has been the topic of my discussion for the last few days. not to mention countless phone calls to other members.

by the way, you're reference to your post should have been to rick 1643, not to plumber rick.

please get your players right. you would never be able to hold your ground on the chat nights.

do you have anything other than bidet knowledge. i think you stated earlier 100+ prior postings that you have 10 years experience in plumbing. surly, you've done more than bidet installations in that time.

i now know that this thread is just becoming a far fetched wild imagination of your creative writing skills.

lets start to talk real plumbing.

no more fairy tail stories with imaginary names, mr john crapper III

plumber rick I.
                      Rick,
                      I made the comment because it was funny and not an attack on you, you wife said in an earlier post that she had them. (that is funny) I totally agree with you lets talk plumbing. I haven’t had any time to catch up on the rest of the site, I have been busy working, writing and playing with my daughter. (and talking to medical people who think like Joey.)

I will buy your 300 from you, stop winning about it. You did pay way too much for it, though. Until toto makes it profitable to buy washlets from the supply houses; go to the internet. You can find 300 washlets as low as $415.00 and there are a lot of other models out there that can do the same thing for less. The Korean’s have a run on their junk right now, not as nice and the difference between them is a cadillac and a Yugo. Big savings!!

I want to know what toilet seat bidets are legal to install in hospitals?

Does your code cover toilet seat bidets?

What is the most inexpensive way to protect a cheap unit from cross contamination?

What customers do you offer toilet seat bidets?

How many bidets do you sell a year?

What brand bidet would you recommend?

What functions are important?

If a customer only wants to spend two hundred dollars and still wants warm water what do I do?

What do you do when you sell a bidet to a friend and his wife won’t let him even try it?

Where do you get the tee fitting that connects to the bottom of the toilet tank?

Will my new washlet burn my house down?

How does anyone make money on toilet seat bidets?

What do you do when a heavy person keeps breaking her toilet seats?

When you have a person who has M.S. and her husband is to feeble to assist her and doesn’t want to lose her to a nursing home? She can’t sit up on her own.

I have a ton of questions now that we finally got to where we can talk about a toilet seat bidet with out all that angst. We can move on to who has the best and biggest tool on the market and what to do when the stupid thing breaks.

Thank you! and say Hi to Joey for me, I do enjoy her spunky-ness.
                      No more stories.
                      John C.

Comment

After 16 pages of a thread and 48 posts by you I believe it is time to stop the sales pitch and put up or shut up. You have given us very little information for us to judge your product by, other than slowly bringing us into the conversation. As you did not answer my question regarding the book "Flushed" I think we can eliminate the thought you are a Toto dealer. Furthermore, because you did not include the electrical warnings in your instructions or any feature which requires electricity I am assuming the unit is non-powered. Due to the lack of information you have made available regarding your product I have deducted the following add-on must be your product.

http://sports-imports.stores.yahoo.net/unadtobisy.html

As it appears to be such an armature product I don't believe you will be getting my endorsement.

Mark

It is NOT MY PRODUCT!
                        Just like a sea snake is not my product...
                        the weber grill that I will endorse is not my product...
                        It is a PRODUCT, this is a cheap Korean model that we have had success with. I am hoping that you might be able to tell me of a better product that is out there. Have you even looked?

I am very interested in your reviews and after you have tested a couple of units. Again if you want info on this product go to google and search; if you find something you like let us know.

Get over it I am a plumber just like you, possibley a bit more enthusiastic about bidets, but a simple plumber with a mind of his own willing to try something a little better than toilet paper.

I haven't heard any question about products to answer any, so ask away I am ready to talk about the specifics.

All you have to do is ask, just ask...don't get frusterated because someone else hasn't ask the question you are looking for, take the bull by the horns and ask.

John C.

Comment

Rick,

I will buy your 300 from you, stop winning about it. You did pay way too much for it, though. Until toto makes it profitable to buy washlets from the supply houses; go to the internet. You can find 300 washlets as low as $415.00 and there are a lot of other models out there that can do the same thing for less. The Korean’s have a run on their junk right now, not as nice and the difference between them is a cadillac and a Yugo. Big savings!!

John C.
                          before i even take more time to answer your other questions. i would like to know where you can purchase a $1299. retail s-300 toto seat from for $415.

the lowest i just found was $675. plus 29 shipping. i paid $699.99 plus $57.75 in tax. = 757.74 -2% if i pay by the tenth. -$14.00 = $743.74 so if you can do it for $415. i'll buy another one.

in the mean time, put your money where your mouth is.
                          show me the money

game over

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

if you were to jump in who would you be barking at

just curious if you've followed all the happenings.

rick.
                            Rick,

Gang tactics, Grow up, I have barked at much much bigger dogs about bidets, you have been hospitable compared to the care givers and nursing homes. So no you can not scare me off topic, we were about to discuss some specifics. I am sure there is one or two people who will benifit from what I am saying. You are just a good example of opposing for a later read. Once you try your bidet you will laugh to.

I will be away from my desk Thursday so have fun. Just remember someone here might have already benifit from this post, you can't keep everyone from trying a bidet. I think that some people have minds of their own. please make me a marter, I haven't played that role yet.

How about we have a show down I will round up my plumbers who have tried bidets and we schedual an open forum debate.

Sound fun to me, a lift your leg match. But why, you guys haven't even tried a bidet yet.

John C.

Comment

before i even take more time to answer your other questions. i would like to know where you can purchase a $1299. retail s-300 toto seat from for $415.

the lowest i just found was $675. plus 29 shipping. i paid $699.99 plus $57.75 in tax. = 757.74 -2% if i pay by the tenth. -$14.00 = $743.74 so if you can do it for $415. i'll buy another one.

in the mean time, put your money where your mouth is.
                              show me the money

game over

rick.
                              mr crapper,

still waiting for the answer, that you have avoided.

please post a real link to a site for a $415 toto seat. not a used one, but a brand new in the box one.

this will be an easy way to shut me up.

i'm sure there are a lot of members now rooting for you

i guess you're taking thursday off to locate your impossible number.

and when you do find it, send me a case so i can sell them to the supply house for a large profit. in fact i'll buy 10 of them. $4150. for 10 delivered.

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Working...
                                X