Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Never give up your right to be wrong.

Originally posted by CPlumb View Post
    I too am interested ,,,, how do you dry ?

Then what do you do with the materials you dry with?

Don't know if I believe anyway cause as we all know , You can was dirt all you want but till you wipe it ,,, it doesn't really move does it ?
    Most expensive toilet seat bidets offer a air dry function that makes a noise and stirs up the stench, I suggest flushing before trying this. Some women seem to love the warm air.
    Personally I do my thing and hit the wash cycle for15 to 30 seconds depending on the deposit. Then afterwards I use a couple of pieces off toilet paper to dry off and investigate. I was taught the wipe look method of wiping and I am still getting immense satisfaction from witnessing the cleaning power of water

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
      Now you have to close your eyes and think about this before you reply

Ok, now if someone took a dump on the nozzle ? The next person would get a blast of crap up the butt
      All high end toilet seat bidets pre-clean the nozzle between washes. In fact nozzles with dual purposes sanitize between back and front washes. Toto has sold over 30,000,000 bidets since the 1980’s and all of their findings have shown dramatic decreases of anal and vaginal afflictions, all due to a fresh water cleansing. I know for a fact that if you suffer from hemorrhoids and start using water instead of a fine grit sandpaper your going to feel a lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
        Good Post JC III

I was liking the idea of the Washlet until I read All Clears post

Now I'm not so sure

It has always seemed silly to me to have a toilet and bidet.

Crap in one then waddle to and hoover over the bidet to cleanup and you still need TP to dry off

When ever I install a bidet (which isn't very often maybe one per year) I try it out just to see if I'm missing something....I don't think I am

Some of the drain cleaning guys here might feel threatened by the Washlet

I have several clients that don't use TP and don't own bidets. What DO they use?..I don't ask and they don't offer
        You get a better result if you drop a load first. Did you check to see if your friends had tails, because from my experience the only species in the food chain that needs assistance in cleaning there butts, are tailless? A well trained dog could be another answer.

Comment

There are certain religions that don't allow the use of toilet paper. Not that I smelled them from afar but I recall numerous times of these people coming into the big box stores asking for fittings specific to 3/8" supplies that would allow a connection to water off the toilet supply to serve a bidet.

Just the reduction of toilet paper in systems would be magnificent, but enters the realm of water usage.

Where's the give and take in that equation? Is it more expensive on the water or on the tree side? Which has a more valuable resource, which is more replaceable, significant of either reducing the supply and demand?

Water Treatment averages $5 dollars a gallon in most municipalities. Trees from beginning to processed down to paper, ....?? Don't know that answer but it's a product that causes more than just waste.
          Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 12-05-2007, 10:47 PM.
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
            When I see what sticks to the bowl despite flushing sometimes, I wonder how effective a bidet really is.
            Cats don't like water, and you don't wash them because they lose their instinct to clean themselves, water shooting up my butt doesn't mix well with my instincts either, and I just don't wanna know why.
            Lower water in the toilet is a sure tell isn’t it? Ever have a cling on; how did toilet paper work for you then? A toilet seat bidet will eliminate a cling on with laser guided precision. Don’t believe me, ask any one who uses a bidet, we will all tell you the same thing, it is not a conspiracy. As for you instincts it is a social phobia of acceptance, most people felt the same way, I know I did.

Comment

Originally posted by Herk View Post
              I mentioned elsewhere that I have bidets. I have had them for over 30 years. I still use paper, then the bidet.

How do you dry yourself? Silly question. You put a towel bar up over the bidet. How do you normally dry yourself when you bathe?

Part of the bad press that bidets get is because of G.I.s who were stationed in France and found a bidet in their room. They were commonly used in brothels and the poor dogfaces had no idea what they were for. One of my instructors told me that he had tried to dump in one and then use a stick to get it to go down. (Only one toilet down the hall.)

"Bidet" is simply the French word for "Shower," which explains why those "personal showers" are often called bidets.

Tip: be careful with soap. It can irritate the tender tissues and cause all sorts of inflammation and damage.
              It is nice to meet you my brother. I am envious that you recognized the benefits of water so long ago and I put my head in the sand.

Comment

Originally posted by Herk View Post
                You're right - and everyone in my household will soon be dead.

Without going into all the gory details, there are three bathrooms in the house and more than one towel bar each. And a laundry.
                Herk,

There is no difference in hanging your shower towel up to use again later. Toilet seat bidets leave you wash cloth clean, just like you get from a shower.

Don’t feel bad, when we first started selling bidets a close friend of mine would make fun of us every time he had the chance. Both Frank and his 15 year old boy, no matter where it was, would engage us in a toilet paper vs bidet debate. Then last year Frank fell out of his tree stand and broke his back.

My business partner and I had invented a cleaning system for my 96 year old grandpa, he wanted to stay at home and avoid the nursing home so we put the functions of a toilet seat bidet on a stand alone commode. My grandpa never had the opportunity to use it, but Frank and his son jumped at the opportunity to use our invention, when they found out that the boy would have to wipe his dad when he got home.

Frank has recovered and is our star toilet seat bidet salesman. When someone has to choose between a helping hand and water squirting their butt, they will choose the hands free private cleaning any day.

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                  There are certain religions that don't allow the use of toilet paper. Not that I smelled them from afar but I recall numerous times of these people coming into the big box stores asking for fittings specific to 3/8" supplies that would allow a connection to water off the toilet supply to serve a bidet.

Just the reduction of toilet paper in systems would be magnificent, but enters the realm of water usage.

Where's the give and take in that equation? Is it more expensive on the water or on the tree side? Which has a more valuable resource, which is more replaceable, significant of either reducing the supply and demand?

Water Treatment averages $5 dollars a gallon in most municipalities. Trees from beginning to processed down to paper, ....?? Don't know that answer but it's a product that causes more than just waste.
                  The water usage debate is a great one; it is similar to the tank less water heater debates.
                  A toto washlet on high uses 8 ounces of water if it runs for one minute, on low it uses less than 4 ounces. On most occasions, it take well under a minute to get clean.

Now most people I know drink coffee and try to hit the toilet in the window before going to work. Some of my other friends like to get paid for going to the bathroom. What do you think is the likely hood of a second shower if you miss this window?

The proof is in the fact; that most Americans take more than one shower a day. Right here a bidet would save millions of gallons of water a day, just by eliminating this shower. We have found that with an invention of ours older folks can avoid the high risk activity of taking a shower after going to the bathroom each time.

It takes over thirty million of gallons of water to process these trees into pulp for processing, not to mention the tens of millions of gallons of dioxin to make it snowy white. My question is can a growing population wipe faster than these trees can grow?

Comment

Uuuhhhhhhhmmm,

I don't know.....but I'm in agreement with you that it is something that shows promise.

I guess all that is needed now is my address so you can send me a couple free ones so I can market your idea to my region so your profits margins increase.

I'm a large male who deposits earthly sized matter so I would be great testing data.

Send it!

Comment

I'm experiencing the sudden, inexplicable urge to run out and buy my very own Veg-O-matic.

Comment

Would you settle for a George Foreman grill?

I got one of those as a gift for wasting double the time on idiots on granite installs in a kitchen, last year this time.

I don't know what was more worthless,

The $300 agreed price to come back and reset the plumbing

or

the grill that's never been used. I guess it shouldn't be george's fault.

Comment

I was thinking more on the lines of Ron Popeil...getting a late night infomercial sensation here.

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                            Uuuhhhhhhhmmm,

I don't know.....but I'm in agreement with you that it is something that shows promise.

I guess all that is needed now is my address so you can send me a couple free ones so I can market your idea to my region so your profits margins increase.

I'm a large male who deposits earthly sized matter so I would be great testing data.

Send it!
                            Dunbar,
                            I think that my intent has been miscued, I am not selling bidets on the internet. There is no money in that avenue with bidets yet; it takes face to face, knee to knee sales to convince people that it is a good thing. We tried the order taking posture at first only to discover that people aren’t looking for bidets yet. Hek, 90% of Americans don’t even know how to pronounce the word bidet.

My business partner was a private plumbing contractor in Iraq, his job while there was to Americanize the airbase that he was on. One of his tasks was to remove all of the hand held bidets in the barracks. Imagine what the Muslims thought about that, it is a sin for them to use anything but water. They resorted to using the $3.00 bottled water that our tax payer paid for to clean in the bathrooms. He got the idea to sell them in Detroit to the Muslim population there. We bought a skid of bidets and ended up having to sit on them.(pun intended)

We were not using them at this time, we thought that it would be good for someone else why would we use one? About a month into it Mike tried one and turned into a bidet freak. Another month goes by and I tried one, after my first time I realized that if it is part of the Muslim religion to use water in toileting, they probably had this figured out. On the other hand it is a virgian market in America and we didn’t have a clue. We ended up giving the things away at first. We stopped doing that, I would love to send one to you, but I am not trying to sell anything; just sharing my thoughts. Get on the internet and find your self a cheap on and enjoy.

John C.

Comment

I'm experiencing the sudden, inexplicable urge to run out and buy my very own Veg-O-matic.

Mr. Butter,
                              I like the way you think, if your not going to evolve out of the trees to improve your clean, eat more roughage and improve your stool so you don’t have to use anything to clean. The perfect launch. Let me know how this works for you.

Good luck
                              John C.

Comment

I was thinking more on the lines of Ron Popeil...getting a late night infomercial sensation here.
                                Mr. Butter,
                                I am sorry, Ron does not have what it would take to change Americas mind on toilet paper. I was thinking Will Smith or Opra telling the people how much they love there bidet wash. The American people will change when it becomes popular amongst the stars.

Here is a video Toto sent to me, things are changing my friend. Bidets will do to toilet paper; exactly what toilet paper did to corn cobs and the sears catalog. In the next ten years bidets will become a sought after product. The bidet trend will revolutionize American hygiene and the scope of our business. I am not going to let this opportunity pass me by.
                                http://defamer.com/hollywood/potty-humor/the-ladies-of-the-view-discuss-whoopis-super+toilet-312557.php

Comment

Working...
                                X