X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Never give up your right to be wrong.

I just ate 3 pounds of cheese, feeling mildly "bound up"

Can a bidet help me?

Signed,

Concerned Obstruction
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by John Crapper III View Post
      It will happen like all change:
      “All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.” Arthur Schopenhauer

So where do we stand right now? Somewhere between the first and second stage?

Comment

Originally posted by Dunbar
        Can a bidet help me?
        Hmm . . . possibly. Can you stand on your head?

Comment

Originally posted by Herk View Post
          Hmm . . . possibly. Can you stand on your head?

Umm....depends on if I lose the bowel obstruction, first.

We're talking about defying the laws of gravity here, hoping gravity sends things downward.
          Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 12-08-2007, 04:18 PM.
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
            Umm....depends on if I lose the bowel obstruction, first.

We're talking about defying the laws of gravity here, hoping gravity sends things downward.
            Dunbar,

Actually, there was a study done with bidets and the camera’s we love so much on paralyzed people. They use the camera’s for accuracy and a bidet stream to see how effective it was to relieve constipation. It was successful on a little more than 50% of the patients.

Hot peppers and spicy food works great for me.
            good luck

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
              I'm not inadequate for not using your product. No Duck you are not inadequate for not using a bidet, just like a person who doesn't brush there teeth is not inadequate. Someone who doesn't shower regularly is not inadequate, someone who won't wash there hands when they should is not inadequate. It's just a choice about hygiene. Anybody that makes fun of a product that can help so many people they are inadequate. I think all the questions about how a unit operates, how you keep $hit off the nozzle, how you dry off They have all been very helpful to some I hope. Ragging on somebody about using a towel to dry off with is ridiculous. I've been reading this forum for quite a while. I never contributed because my 2 cents on subjects like sectional machines verses drum machines is a little above pointless. I think Dunbar, Rick and Plumb Dog and a few others forgot more about plumbing then I know, so when they way in there is not much more for me to say. That being said, I know Bidets, I know how they help people especially the old with limited mobility, or handicap and people recovering from surgery. You are not having those people take a life style down grade by using water they will be cleaner than with toilet paper and cleaner than when a care giver has to wipe them. Did I say cleaner ? I meant clean just like you got out of the shower clean.

!

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                So where do we stand right now? Somewhere between the first and second stage?

Everyone is different, some people catch on quicker than others. Ever since we have been talking to people about toilet seat bidets, I have learned to understand the line; "I think that thou doest protest to much."

It is the people who have the greatest need who are the most resistant to the concept of water… extremely over weight people…stroke victims…people with bad backs…People with afflictions…And people who chose a way of life, that having a bidet would be bad advertising for the life style.

Everyone seems to process the thought of water hitting them in the butt, about the same way. 1st Shock and discuss. (Flight or fight response) 2nd Get defensive (lash out) 3rd Get offensive (shaming, name calling)
                4th Questioning (The next time they have a bad experience with toilet paper, they start to wonder if toilet paper is all that it is cracked up to be.)
                5th People become curious to a better method of cleaning.
                Lastly, Social Proof (when one of their friends or one of their hero’s start using one, they start to change their minds.)

Thanks,
                John C.

Comment

Is the water at least warm? How is it warmed?

Is there special toilet paper that's made for this to dry off with? Something that doesn't come apart when it gets wet the way regular toilet paper does?

Comment

Just an aside, When my grandparents came to west Mi.in the 1950's and started remodeling this old house. the farmer across the road saw they were putting in an indoor toilet. He said he couldn't believe somebody would Kcrap under the same roof they ate in. I'm so glad times, things and people change. Here's to the water revolution. Jump on board fella's

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Weasel View Post
                      Is the water at least warm? How is it warmed?

Is there special toilet paper that's made for this to dry off with? Something that doesn't come apart when it gets wet the way regular toilet paper does?
                      I don't think they make special T.P. to dry off with. When I dry off I'm just dabbing not wiping so it doesn't fall apart. With the high end model's the water is warmed for you. they use an on demand heater and others have a small heat resevoir. I still think the best models are the cheap ones with no warm water. lets not say cold water although I think your from Canada you can say cold ----I prefer refreshing---- I do keep the temp turned way down on my electric high end models.

Comment

Originally posted by John Crapper III View Post
                        Everyone is different, some people catch on quicker than others. Ever since we have been talking to people about toilet seat bidets, I have learned to understand the line; "I think that thou doest protest to much."

It is the people who have the greatest need who are the most resistant to the concept of water… extremely over weight people…stroke victims…people with bad backs…People with afflictions…And people who chose a way of life, that having a bidet would be bad advertising for the life style.

Everyone seems to process the thought of water hitting them in the butt, about the same way. 1st Shock and discuss. (Flight or fight response) 2nd Get defensive (lash out) 3rd Get offensive (shaming, name calling)
                        4th Questioning (The next time they have a bad experience with toilet paper, they start to wonder if toilet paper is all that it is cracked up to be.)
                        5th People become curious to a better method of cleaning.
                        Lastly, Social Proof (when one of their friends or one of their hero’s start using one, they start to change their minds.)

Thanks,
                        John C.
                        I'm not sure how quoting the Prince of Denmark on a plumbing forum is going to get your point across but I glad that you and others that feel passionate about this subject have a place to express yourselves.

I rated this thread as a 5 star not because of it's entertainment value (it has tons of this as well) but for bringing this unspeakable subject out of the shadows and into the light of this forum. Well done!

You have peaked my interest for now....what else do you feel this spirited about?

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                          I'm not sure how quoting the Prince of Denmark on a plumbing forum is going to get your point across but I glad that you and others that feel passionate about this subject have a place to express yourselves.

I rated this thread as a 5 star not because of it's entertainment value (it has tons of this as well) but for bringing this unspeakable subject out of the shadows and into the light of this forum. Well done!

You have peaked my interest for now....what else do you feel this spirited about?
                          I also rated this thread a 5 star because its the only plumbing fixture I'm passionate about. I don't care if its a groe super soak-er rain forest under niagara falls shower or a Delta shower with the partially blocked flow restictor. your still taking a shower. I like good flushing toilets, but if somebody has 3 bathrooms I don't care if they want pieces of none flushing junk. what the heck when they have one plugged up they have 2 more to use. Water heaters all give people hot water some longer lives than others and I try to install the best. But bidets help people. when somebody from my small town says to me "that thing you installed for me really helped my hemorrhoids" That means something. I know that sounds goofy but nobody ever said that faucet you installed really helped me.

Comment

Herk, now I just wanna install one at home and get my in-laws over to get tanked...thats the funniest thing I've heard in a week.
                            Dunbar...I've also heard rumor that a bidet will alleviate old age and increase your I.Q by 20%.
                            Mr Crapper, I'm not angry or insulted..just thought I'd point out that insinuating my diet were somehow inadequate when I mentioned the most obvious pitfall of using a bidet would be categorized as negative reinforcement...ie telling someone they're inadequate for not using your product.
                            Read through that book again, he suggests you make a checklist of each chapter and then apply it to real life. There are police departments that use his course as a guideline to deal with adverse situations...it has helped me more than any other advice in dealing with tough customers...Ziggler just re-worded alot of his teaching, added some new complications and pawned it as something new.
                            Saysflushable, with a grand total of 10 posts it's almost obvious your Crappers partner...this is a plumbing chat forum, not a sales forum for product endorsements, if I'm wrong...pardon moi.
                            Crapper, you'd mentioned your a "service plumber"...you seem a wee bit astute for one.
                            I'm with PC...this is getting funnier by the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunbar
                              We're talking about defying the laws of gravity here, hoping gravity sends things downward
                              Oh. So I guess pressure's out of the question . . .

Back to the drawing board.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                                Herk, now I just wanna install one at home and get my in-laws over to get tanked...thats the funniest thing I've heard in a week.
                                Dunbar...I've also heard rumor that a bidet will alleviate old age and increase your I.Q by 20%.
                                Mr Crapper, I'm not angry or insulted..just thought I'd point out that insinuating my diet were somehow inadequate when I mentioned the most obvious pitfall of using a bidet would be categorized as negative reinforcement...ie telling someone they're inadequate for not using your product.
                                Read through that book again, he suggests you make a checklist of each chapter and then apply it to real life. There are police departments that use his course as a guideline to deal with adverse situations...it has helped me more than any other advice in dealing with tough customers...Ziggler just re-worded alot of his teaching, added some new complications and pawned it as something new.
                                Saysflushable, with a grand total of 10 posts it's almost obvious your Crappers partner...this is a plumbing chat forum, not a sales forum for product endorsements, if I'm wrong...pardon moi.
                                Crapper, you'd mentioned your a "service plumber"...you seem a wee bit astute for one.
                                I'm with PC...this is getting funnier by the day.
                                Mr. Butter,

I am standing firm on this part of my post and might even give up my right to be wrong if I am challenge on what I am about to say; plumbers are the most intelligent animals on the farm. We are the most out spoken contractors on any job, are we not? We are self actuated, self aware and the most rugged individual on the block. A plumber will not back down, unless we are wrong.

I am proud to be a Master Plumbing Contractor (with my own Master license), and to stand shoulder to shoulder with the most colorful characters on the planet. Everyone here has made me proud in this post with their open and honest posts. Plumbers aren’t the pleasers of the community (yes people). If you want to hear the blatant truth, just ask a plumber.

In our area we have built close alliances with over 14 different plumbing companies: when they are on a big job and don’t want to pull a plumber off to fix a drippy faucet, they will call us. We end up doing most of their service work for sewers and water heater repairs. We are the service providers for Rheem and Bradford White. We will even answer their phones and manage their business when the owner can’t or doesn’t want to.

When we brought up bidets to these guy’s for the first time, I almost starved. One by one the calls started coming in again and 10 of the fourteen companies now are selling toilet seat bidets. We do business in a small pond, I was wondering what the rest of the world’s plumbers thought. Since the Box stores have made it difficult to make any money on products; plumbers need to find a nitch and bidets will be much more than that. In fact bidets will wash over America like a tsunami of change.

Mr. B, you are increadiable. I am glad that you weren’t upset. I have to come clean, I haven’t been a plumber all of my life. I have a tendency to get bored once I understand how things work. In the ten years that I have been plumbing, I feel that I haven’t learned much and who could get bored, doing what we do?

I wish I would have gotten home earlier to chat with you, maybe tomorrow.
                                It is fun, thank you.
                                John C.

Comment

Working...
                                X