Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Never give up your right to be wrong.

This thread is outta control!

Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

so today i gave joey/ (mrsseatdown) her gift.

a toto s-300 bidet seat.

since you guys sold it on this post, you can now try to sell it to her.
      she doesn't want it. so now i have a bidet seat and a tankless water heater meant for the house, collecting dust.

i'm not a fan of tankless and never tried a bidet or bidet seat. so give it your best sales pitch to mrsseatdown and sell her on the idea of this gift.

i don't want to be like robert and have to return it. although i don't mind spending 4 hours at the plumbing supply

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

How do bidets prevent cross contamination?
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Vacuum breaker for the "real" bidets. Dunno about Toto Washlets.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

a toto s-300 bidet seat.

she doesn't want it. so now i have a bidet seat and a tankless water heater meant for the house, collecting dust.

i'm not a fan of tankless and never tried a bidet or bidet seat. so give it your best sales pitch to mrsseatdown and sell her on the idea of this gift.

i don't want to be like robert and have to return it. although i don't mind spending 4 hours at the plumbing supply

rick.
            We get that all the time with both wives and hubby's, Toilet seat bidets have to be the only product left in America where both husband and wife need be present to purchase it. We have had both sexes react the same way. My wife tells me what to do enough of the time; I refuse to let her tell me how I am going to clean my own butt.

The emasculation of men has gone way to far in this country; when women can tell us what to do in the bathroom. I refuse to be neutered here; this is where I drew the line.

I said that I used a bidet in Russia; my wife refused to. I installed a toilet seat bidet and it took her two months to try it, now she will not live with out one. She didn’t like the thought of another thing evading her; tampons, doctors…. Water going the wrong way and causing UTI’s. She suffered from UTI’s and yeast infections, she hasn’t had either since getting rid of toilet paper. She figures that toilet paper was causing the problems.

Fact, there is nothing a man can say to women to change their minds; we are dummies when it comes to their plumbing. If a woman has had a baby in the last twenty years, they were sent home with a bottle for cleaning with water. How is a bidet different? I hope that I am wrong and someone here has the answer to this problem.

I threatened to stop buying perfume for my wife until she addressed the real problem. Not a good approach I am sure MR. B would agree with me; this is not the best way to win friends and influence people. The truth is that the laundry was what changed my wifes mine after two months of no streaks in my BVD’s, she was sold.

What did you pay for the dust collector. I might buy it from you.

I will have my wife call this lady to answer her questions if you wish.

John C.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
              How do bidets prevent cross contamination?
              I believe Toto and Inax and maybe a product called the biffy are the only 3 I know of that are UPC approved I've had some Bio bidets apart and they do have a back flow preventor, although I don't think they are UPC approved. If somebody knows different please way in.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

a toto s-300 bidet seat.

rick.
                Dog gone it Rick. You should have bought the S200 for For your wife. I think It cleans faster and not quite as harsh. Not that the 300 is all that bad. Like John Crapper III said it takes some time for a spouse to try it. I've found about 3 to 4 weeks. I say put it on a toilet and eventually it will get used. Hopefully by you as well. I will say the 300 ionizer sure keeps the place smelling fresh. I wanted to thank you for all the input on the sectional machines. wish I would have been reading this sight before I bought my current machine. Not that I'm complaining it works great, but the K60 must be something else

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post

Saysflushable, with a grand total of 10 posts it's almost obvious your Crappers partner...this is a plumbing chat forum, not a sales forum for product endorsements, if I'm wrong...pardon moi.
                  Crapper, you'd mentioned your a "service plumber"...you seem a wee bit astute for one.
                  I'm with PC...this is getting funnier by the day.
                  Yes only 10 posts my 1st few posts were about yasuda's picture of the bidet. Like I said before I know Bidets pretty good. thought I would get some other plumbers views on them and give some of my comments. On other plumbing topics I should be asking Questions. I've been plumbing for awhile but the depth of knowledge on this sight is greater than mine. Bidets are plumbing fixtures so I think it's OK if I talk about them here. I've never endorst a particular brand other than the S200 over the S300. Some work better than others but so far all I've tried get the Job done. John Crapper III and I are best friends. Both plumbers and both here learning. Why wouldn't we talk about something we know about? remember John CrapperIII didn't bring the topic up. He just started this thread after reading all the comments on Yasuda's Thread. Heck It's alot of fun and interesting getting a different perspective on this topic isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by John Crapper III View Post
                    I threatened to stop buying perfume for my wife until she addressed the real problem. Not a good approach I am sure MR. B would agree with me; this is not the best way to win friends and influence people. The truth is that the laundry was what changed my wifes mine after two months of no streaks in my BVD’s, she was sold.
                    I don't agree at all.
                    A simple squirt of H2O won't displace good hygiene.
                    Wipe till it's white, it could be 90 degree's out, humid and I'm lugging a 400 lb boiler through a home with no a/c...as long as everything was white, it stays white.
                    Beyond that, you hit it, ease up on the brews at night, avoid the cheap hotdogs at cookouts, and don't make the assumption that a bidet would resolve any issues resulting from bad dieting.
                    Ya just gotta invest the time and do it right.
                    Daddy taught me that when I was lil'.
                    This topic just keeps getting more and more uncomfy, thats ok, it's par for the course in our trade.
                    There's no part of my wife's anatomy that a bidet or perfume is in dire need of...she takes care of business.
                    I'm thinking the whole bidet thing might be a way for some to think they can skip the daily hygiene ritual, but then for others, maybe an addition to that regimen.
                    As for the Star Trek nemesis dilemma of Klingons...wet the paper, then wipe, repeat as needed.
                    Finally, there is no possible way I'd use a common towel to dry the area, point being I'd still use toilet paper to wipe and dry.
                    Your tenacity is admirable, mindful of the difference between that and audacity.
                    Mr Crapper, I feel for the dilemma that both you and Mrs Crapper seem to have regarding the underwear/perfume conundrum...if you'd like some helpful pointers, I think both myself and Mrs Ducky would be happy to toss a few over in private message.
                    Perhaps some of the other members might offer a few as well.

Comment

[

I have discovered that never giving up my right to be wrong is priceless. Plumbing is a humbling occupation and water will prove us wrong more than once during our careers. Water has also proved me wrong in my belief in toilet paper. I thought toilet paper was fine, until I tried a toilet seat bidet. I was amazed on how wrong my opinion was. I was also embarrassed at how many bidet users must have thought I was a blabbering idiot with my arguments; “There is no way water is going to spray up my butt.” “I don’t have any problems.” ‘I will never give up toilet paper.”

Understand that most people, who are using bidets once, used toilet paper. We understand both sides of the fence and there is no green grass on the toilet paper side. Weigh the facts before you are measured on an uneducated fear based opinion.
                      I now know that toilet paper and baby wipes are the affliction and the best reason to use a toilet seat bidet.

Mr. Butter,

I will help you understand why I brought up your diet (veggie matic) you’re previous post; read it again so you will understand that it was a counter offence to your attempt to sack this post and cut it short before it could damage your false belief in toilet paper. (this is typical)

I am really excited that you are getting closer to the total acceptance of the truth, you have moved out of the ridicule stage and you are violently opposing it now, congratulations. The increased amount of discomfort that you are experiencing is because you are getting closer to discovering the truth, I experienced the same thing. This feeling will go away after you try one. And you will forget why you were resident to the truth.

I can see that the money you spent on Dale’s books was money well spent. You must have been their star pupil. (smile) Don’t worry, I do not take any comments during the violet opposing stage personally, it is a normal reaction. I owe you a debt of gratitude, because you have been a great devil’s advocate, and it has been both entertaining and educational.

Duck, if I may, You are a pillar in your community on this website and in your own community at home as well, I am sure. Your opinion is well respected and when you get past this violet birthing of the truth, you will be able to use your opinion to help people who need assistance in wiping themselves properly; you can now offer a wiping class or a bidet.

Wiping with toilet paper is the cause for the silent suffering of America. Millions of people every year are admitted into retirement homes because they can’t clean themselves. You know when you go on a service call who will be going to the nursing home next, as soon as you walk into the door. You can smell how well their method of cleaning has been working for them. When you get old enough you will be subjected to an evaluation on your skills of daily living and toileting is the fastest way to lose everything and have to move into assisted living.

Your attitude pretty much sums up the Alfa male response and as head of the family you now have the knowledge to offer any one in your family with limited mobility a chance to clean themselves properly. Don’t wait for them to bring it up because they will die before they will ever admit to having a problem. My mom hurt her back and had back surgery and she couldn’t care for grandpa any longer.

When grandpa was admitted to the nursing home and for the first time in 96 years someone else had to wipe for him. He lost it, he looked at me with tear full eyes and said, “I never thought that I was ever going to get this old, I can’t even wipe my own *** anymore. He rolled over and faced the wall and sobbed.

The growing elderly population in this country is about to explode; 70%growth in the next ten years. They will make up 20% of our population and guess what; over 70% have afflictions do to poor cleaning. I think that it is time for Americans to take their heads out of the trees and accept that water cleans better than paper. Because close minds give people how can't wipe no other option, besides someone else wiping for them.

Last point; the next time you have a break though and your finger breaks through the toilet paper, wipe it off with toilet paper and stick in your mouth and then tell me how well paper is cleaning you.

Once again thank you for the inspiration.
                      John C.

Comment

Your tenacity is admirable, mindful of the difference between that and audacity.

Duck,
                        I goggled audacity and thank you so much you are truly a great teacher.

Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.
                        Dale Carnegie

Definition:n., pl. -ties.
                        au·dac·i·ty [ aw dássətee ]

noun
                        1. boldness or daring: daring or willingness to challenge assumptions or conventions or tackle something difficult or dangerous
                        1. Fearless daring; intrepidity.
                        2. Bold or insolent heedlessness of restraints, as of those imposed by prudence, propriety, or convention.
                        Every great advance in science has issued from a new audacity of ...

Every great advance in science has issued from a new audacity of the imagination. by John Dewey.

Audacity; Pride; Youth
                        "It is one of the innumerable absurdities of pride, that we are never more impatient of direction than in the part of life when we need it most; we are in haste to meet enemies whom we have not strength to overcome, and to undertake tasks which we cannot perform."
                        Johnson: Rambler #111 (April 9, 1751)
                        Samuel Johnson

That you for your wisdom
                        John C.

Comment

This thread is weird. its like pseudospam.

Comment

This is more fun than flat rate vs hourly!
                            When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Comment

Local News

Tenessee - Man arrested for "odd" incident

AP-A local man was arrested monday for using a car wash to to experiment with cleanliness of his nether regions. When the suspect fled on foot, the adult male was later found in a back yard using a pop-up sprinker head inappropriately to satisfy some matters of a personal nature. The chase continued into the heart of town where once again, the individual was misusing the aquatic fountains. "Our outdoor patio will never be the same. He took that from us and we'll never have it back." stated one very upset mother of three. She went on to say that even though she thought the crude act was repulsive, she intends to take the video to America's Funniest Home Videos to get compensation for the disgusting event. The suspect during interrogation readily admitted to having OCD (Obessive Compulsive Disorder) in regards to sanitary health and apologized that his situation is like many others and asked for help to stop victimizing the local town.

Charges are to be brought against the male suspect and has been put on home probation until all outdoor water devices involving jetting action or spray be properly secured from this happening again.

"Our town is safe, but only for now can we sleep." stated 83 year old Mae Felrig. "I taped the garden hose to the wall, removed the nozzle so I don't have to worry if my garden tools are sanitary or not." Authorities concerned of the growing trend have called a town meeting this evening to discuss the possibility of treatment programs of those afflicted by the latest development.

More news when you need it first. I'm Clyde Day with WPUE NEWS.

Clydeday@WPUENEWS.ding
                              Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 12-10-2007, 07:10 PM.
                              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

LMAO!!

Comment

Working...
                                X