Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Grade Level Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Grade Level

    A few years ago I had a Ridgid level that you could adjust the center vial to run drain pipe on a slope. For example, you would elevate one end of the level 1/2" to run pipe on a 1/4" slope. You would adjust the center vial to show level when the desired slope is achieved. It is my understanding that this product has been discontinued. Is there a similar product available? If not please consider putting this product back into production because it makes it much easier to run drain pipe on a slope.

  • #2
    Re: Grade Level

    Why not use a standard level and tape a spacer of desired thickness to get your slope?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Grade Level

      You may want to consider buying a Redline Level. I have been using them for years and have been very happy with them.

      http://www.pace-asp.com/productdetail.asp?pid=9250

      Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

      I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Grade Level

        Ridgid makes a graduated level. I use it exclusively.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Grade Level

          Available at HomeDepot...
          Empire makes a graded/graduated level...
          Marked in 1/8th" per ft gradients...
          Good for 1/8th, 1/4, 3/8ths, 1/2 etc...

          em81.12 12" Magnetic Tool
          Box Level
          Empire Exclusive
          .
          • True Blue® vials are accurate to within
          0.0005" per inch in all 10 level and
          plumb working positions
          • Heavy-duty 12" extruded
          aluminum frame
          • 4 vials read plumb, level, 45°,
          and Vari-Pitch™
          • Powerful, full-length magnetic edge
          • Vari-Pitch™ vial reads slope in
          1/8" increments

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Grade Level

            Los Angeles inspector is using the digital 9" grade level made by Husky($45.00).Guess What I'm buying this week

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Grade Level

              How do you check the slope of a 20ft pipe with a 9" or 12" level?
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Grade Level

                The digital levels are great. I have a 24" Craftsman and soon will have the torpedo version. I usually use mine to check sidewalks to make sure they are ADA compliant and for spot checking pavement slopes. Craftsman has a 48" digital level that I'm thinking about purchasing. You could check the slope of 20ft of pipe with the laser that's built in to it. I'm not sure of the laser's specs off hand though.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Grade Level

                  I just eye-ball everything. Levels are for amateurs.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Grade Level

                    Originally posted by markts30 View Post
                    Available at HomeDepot...
                    Empire makes a graded/graduated level...
                    Marked in 1/8th" per ft gradients...
                    Good for 1/8th, 1/4, 3/8ths, 1/2 etc...

                    em81.12 12" Magnetic Tool
                    Box Level
                    Empire Exclusive
                    .
                    • True Blue® vials are accurate to within
                    0.0005" per inch in all 10 level and
                    plumb working positions
                    • Heavy-duty 12" extruded
                    aluminum frame
                    • 4 vials read plumb, level, 45°,
                    and Vari-Pitch™
                    • Powerful, full-length magnetic edge
                    • Vari-Pitch™ vial reads slope in
                    1/8" increments

                    same one i use. i like the double vials to double check for grade.

                    i like the laser levels when i need to shoot a mark at the opposite end of a run.

                    rick.
                    phoebe it is

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Grade Level

                      Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                      How do you check the slope of a 20ft pipe with a 9" or 12" level?
                      You just check the twenty footer every three to five feet or so then eyeball for uniformity.There are many other ways to install and inspect.On the long runs I like the graded stringline.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Grade Level

                        Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                        same one i use. i like the double vials to double check for grade.

                        i like the laser levels when i need to shoot a mark at the opposite end of a run.

                        rick.
                        Damn. I have the same one, but with only one set vial in the middle. That would have been useful! Is it somewhat new?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Grade Level

                          I have been using the empire grade level for at least 4 years - it is at least that old...
                          I find them very reliable and handy...
                          Fit in the back pocket for ease of use and are not expensive at all...

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X