X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dampness/floor buckle and washing machine

We have a utility room about 5 feet from the kitchen. 1971 construction. Today, we heard a "gurgle" water noise that was new to us under the kitchen counter while the washing machine was emptying. The dishwasher and sink are both between the washing machine and where we heard the noise. We have also had floor buckles in the kitchen for about a week. I pulled the shoe moulding from the kickspace under the counter and the shoe is soaking wet. There is obvious water under there. What is our next step? Would the wastewater from the washing machine normally tie in to the sink waste water? Or the dishwasher drain? This house is on a slab. Should I cut a hole in the bottom of a cabinet to try to see what's going on? Where to start? Thanks.

Keith

Re: dampness/floor buckle and washing machine

For 215 bucks, buy a Ridgid micro seesnake and find the problem without tearing up your wall. It's very likely that the sink and washing machine are tied into the same 2" line.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Re: dampness/floor buckle and washing machine

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
      For 215 bucks, buy a Ridgid micro seesnake and find the problem without tearing up your wall. It's very likely that the sink and washing machine are tied into the same 2" line.
      agree with both statements, also suspect a floor drain buried under cabinet, flooring, or both on the same line as the sink and washer, line is restricted and cannot take flow of washer dump, so it comes up out the floor drain you don't know about. washer=lint, kitchen sink=grease, lint+grease=clog. you might just jet it out from either the washer or the sink as both are above the problem area to the junction of the 2" with the house main line.
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
      X