Please Help with Shower Drain Issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help with Shower Drain Issue

I have a shower drain that was not tightened or puttied before installation. There is no access from the bottom. Is it possible to tighten from above within the shower inclosure.

Re: Please Help with Shower Drain Issue

Originally posted by jmaggs View Post
    I have a shower drain that was not tightened or puttied before installation. There is no access from the bottom. Is it possible to tighten from above within the shower inclosure.

If the strainer part is not tight, you are out of luck, if the drain part is not tight, dependant upon the type of drain, you may be able to tighten it from the top, but that is only for the drain.

Since you are saying there is no putty, you mean the strainer, so you are sadly out of luck, unless you have access from the back side, you need to be able to get to the nut on the underside.

good luck.
    sigpic

Robert

Comment

What's on the opposite side of the tub? If it's a closet which is often the case, you can cut an access hole in the bottom and work from there. It's not going to be easy. Maybe you should call a plumber on this one.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

yeah i agree this is well beyone home owner repair here, you will quickly find yourself getting deeper and deeper.
        9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Working...
        X