X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse osmosis system not flowing

I changed the filters on my R/O systems yesterday, including the membrane for the first time. When I was done and turned on the water, I had forgotten to open the take valve and drained all of the watter out of the line and it quit working. I was able to get to going again by puming some more air into the tank, but now it's stopped working again.
    I've tried siphoning water up to the line that runs to the sink, as well as putting even more air into the tank, but I can't get it flowwing. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get it running?

Re: Reverse osmosis system not flowing

I'm used to dealing with big RO units(3000gph) so take this with a grain of salt, aka-not sure what I'm talking about. The tank pressure should be about 7 psi when empty, overpressurizing can cause low flow. How long did you let everything sit before turning the water back on? A RO element produces so little water that it might literally take 8-12 hours for the tank to fill up. The tank valve is open?
    Last edited by gear junkie; 12-24-2007, 10:57 AM.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Re: Reverse osmosis system not flowing

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
      I'm used to dealing with big RO units(3000gph) so take this with a grain of salt, aka-not sure what I'm talking about. The tank pressure should be about 7 psi when empty, overpressurizing can cause low flow. How long did you let everything sit before turning the water back on? A RO element produces so little water that it might literally take 8-12 hours for the tank to fill up. The tank valve is open?
      ben, you got it

since he let his storage tank run empty. it could take a couple of hours to refill the tank.

the tank pressure charge should be 7psi.

giervik, disconnect the tank fill and lower the pressure to 7 psi. at the same time you could watch the 1/4'' tubing dripping from the tank fill and see the water it's actually producing. then you will know how slow it is. if the tank holds 7psi, and the hose feeding the tank is dripping, then it's working. also the waste / reject water should be trickling down the drain.

hopefully santa isn't thirsty tonight you will have some pressure in the next couple of hours. the tank is used as a surge/ storage tank. the home system you have is only good for 5-10 gallons a day. without the tank, you'll have to wait a long time to fill a glass 1 drip at a time.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
      X