Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17" High Round Front Toilet Search

Hello,

I am searching for a two piece, 17" High, round front rim toilet, with a 3" flush valve. I have searched all of the major toilet manufactures' web sites and could only find one that fit this criterea. The Amercian Standard Townsend Champion Right Height toilet is that one toilet.
    Why don't toilet makers offer more of these toilets? Is it an engineering issue? People are taller than they were 40-50 years ago, and the baby boomers are getting old and are finding it hard to bend down on a 15" high bowl.
    Thank you for you time and thoughts.
    DLACH

Re: 17" High Round Front Toilet Search

The Amer Stand Champion has some high marks from Consumer Reports but I don't care for it.

Just curious why you specifically want a 3" flush valve?

Comment

Thank you Plumberscrack. I was told the 3" flush valve will give the best flush on a gravity flush. I don't like the noise that a pressure-assisted toilet makes.
      Thanks again
      DLACH

Comment

Yea nobody like the noise of a pressure assisted

Try looking at the Kohler 'Comfort Height' toilet like the Cimarron with the Class 5 flushing system

Comment

I like toto's g-max toilets. I couldn't find one at 17" but they come at 16 1/2". Close enough? I first started off installing the Champion but after getting callbacks on the flush valve, I switched over to Toto and never had a problem. Never dealt with kohler's but they seem to have a good reputation.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Keep an eye on the Kohler. I've had a batch of them that had bad tank to bowl seals.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
              Never dealt with kohler's but they seem to have a good reputation.
              Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
              Keep an eye on the Kohler. I've had a batch of them that had bad tank to bowl seals.
              There goes that theory!
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Thanks for the help. The Kohler Cimarron, although not 17" is close enough at 16 1/2". I checked on the Toto Clayton with G-Max and that has a 16 1/8". I'll research the two toilets and see which one is better.

Comment

You should try an online store maybe they can help you more.
                  rental toilets

Comment

the majority of ada/ high toilets are elongated. a round front is not typically a high end toilet.

they are starting to design 1 pc. ada / elevated toilets as it's a nice looking toilet and a great height.

as far as the american standard champion. they have redesigned the flush valve and it's now more of a normal 3'' flapper. that flush tower was problematic.

if you can get the champion, or toto i would go for it.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by dlach5552000 View Post
                      Hello,

I am searching for a two piece, 17" High, round front rim toilet, with a 3" flush valve. I have searched all of the major toilet manufactures' web sites and could only find one that fit this criterea. The Amercian Standard Townsend Champion Right Height toilet is that one toilet.
                      Why don't toilet makers offer more of these toilets? Is it an engineering issue? People are taller than they were 40-50 years ago, and the baby boomers are getting old and are finding it hard to bend down on a 15" high bowl.
                      Thank you for you time and thoughts.

DLACH

American Standard is junk in my book. Kohler makes a Cimarron, 16.5" high, with a round front bowl, it is called the comfort height toilet.

It has a class 5 flush to it, which means it is a 3" flush valve, excellent toilet at an excellent cost.
                      sigpic

Robert

Comment

Working...
                      X