X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony

I am looking at buying a Ridgid SeeSnakePlus and a colour monitor and would appreicate some advice from plumbers who have one, on looking at the monitors they look to big and combersome carrying them on ones truck and look prone to damaging easily, so I am looking at the colour video toolcase but it only comes with a video recorder which is now a thing of the past and I would like to know the pros and cons.
    I was talking to a Ridgid rep about these products and he told me Ridgid was redesigning their monitors to make them more compact and having a DVD or hard drive recorder just like a computer laptop and I am wondering if any plumbers have heard this as I don`t want to be caught forking out all that money buying a lemon and having to update later on.

Regards
    An Aussie Battler
    if there is one

Re: Tony

Originally posted by AFM View Post
    I am looking at buying a Ridgid SeeSnakePlus and a colour monitor and would appreicate some advice from plumbers who have one, on looking at the monitors they look to big and combersome carrying them on ones truck and look prone to damaging easily, so I am looking at the colour video toolcase but it only comes with a video recorder which is now a thing of the past and I would like to know the pros and cons.
    quite a few of use here have them. they are very good for us. the problem is that they have discontinued them here due to poor sales. if you can still get one in your format pal? go for it.

I was talking to a Ridgid rep about these products and he told me Ridgid was redesigning their monitors to make them more compact and having a DVD or hard drive recorder just like a computer laptop and I am wondering if any plumbers have heard this as I don`t want to be caught forking out all that money buying a lemon and having to update later on.

Regards
    An Aussie Battler
    if there is one
    not officially but everything is sooner or later going digital.

still i like the tool case color monitor.

rick.

welcome to the forum mate
    phoebe it is

Comment

Re: Tony

I have had reliability issues with the tool case and as a result I like the big aluminum sided one better. It is big. It is heavy. It is not prone to damage. It is I think avail with dvd http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/LCD-Monitor/index.htm though mine is vcr. It was the first of 3 for me, and it's never needed repair. Both tool cases have been in the shop more than once, one less than 2 years old and it's been the worst of the 3. Ridgid has been good about fixing them. My reliability problems are not typical, so I think it must be me, but I can't figure out what I'm doing to break them.
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
      X