X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Rigid Sump Pump Runs Constantly

My old sump pump failed last Sunday. I replaced it with a 1hp Rigid. (Probabaly way too much pump). The old pump used to run only periodically for a few seconds. The new one runs constanly. It goes on and off 4 or 5 times per minute and is LOUD!

It is just too sensitive? I was thinking of putting it on a brick to let the sump area fill a little more before the pump kicks in.

Any other suggestions?

TEECEE

Re: New Rigid Sump Pump Runs Constantly

Is the float adjustable??

Comment

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...light=SSP-1000
      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I decided to install one last year, but after seeing a thread here on the hassle dealing with Ridgids warranties I opted away from them and back to Zoeller.
        The alternative might be something like this: "Well, mrs Smith, I know having to buy a second pump and put it off to the side seems redundant, but they both have lifetime warranties!"

Comment

I know you saw my thread hijack on that other site. I'm going with the magnetic adjustable switch for Zoeller, changing my stock to N53's from here on out.

That will make all the ones I install a great deal longer lasting than knowing that when you install one of them with it fast cycling, it's guaranteed to fail.

Yes it's job security but if I can provide a better installation, I'd appreciate it if I was on the receiving end of that logic.

The engineer from Zoeller PM'd me back, stated that the adjustable switch is good for 150 to 200,000 cycles, minimum.

That sounded like an answer to me, no more bricking the pump up or worrying about the water table. Never will ever use a tethered switch and I feel the setup I saw through Mark's picture is the way to go.
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

What is a factor here is the size of the sump pit! A coffee can pit will run on for ever!
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

The sump pit is about 18 inches wide by 2 ft deep.
              I think I found the problem last night.
              I found that the run off tube from my flow through humidifier was draining into the sump directly on top of the pump.
              When I repositioned the tube, the constant running stopped.
              This can be one to remember for future questions.

Thanks.
              TEECEE

Comment

Working...
              X