X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Water pressure too high after using hot water

I replace the T&P without incident (just got the floor a little wet).

Turned the thermostat back up, and the pressure built up to near 150 again... but this time, the T&P valve opened up.

The old T&P is below. Not that I've ever seen an 8 year old T&P before, but this one looks pretty corroded.

Now I'm going to contact the plumber on Monday and see if I can't get him here sooner then the end of the week. In the meantime, I'm gonna have to keep letting the pressure off in the sink after we use hot water.

I'll post again after the expansion tank is installed to let you know how that goes.

Thanks again for everyones help!!! If you guys ever need computer help, please PM me.

Comment

I think it was cool watching you work through it.Good luck with your plumber.

I'm thankfull for your thanks to the guys.A lot of people don't appreciate the efforts these guys put into someones task in need of help and even go so far as being rude when it gets challenging.

Comment

Knew you could do it. Thanks for offering to help us with computer problems. I'm totally computer illiterate so expect a few questions. Thanks and stop by anytime.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by rick1643 View Post
          Look who's not letting it go...Fronty. Are you paranoid or just an attention whore. Quit stalking Gear and give it a rest.
          Someone get this man a cigar.My sentiments exactly.Thanks Rick

Comment

Good Job, I know we all can't wait to hear the final diagnosis, please be sure to get back to us!!

Very glad you fixed the t&p, thats is a very serious safety issue, and I am glad you did the right thing and fixed it right away.
            sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
              Anytime Adam, hope you guys had a good time tonight. I was going to go but had a couple of jobs today, and the thought of driving three hours in the rain on the freeway when we are waiting for snow wasn't appealing. Next time for sure........Rick
              The Other Rick

Comment

Originally posted by adamw View Post

I'll post again after the expansion tank is installed to let you know how that goes.

Thanks again for everyones help!!! If you guys ever need computer help, please PM me.
                I can breath already!
                THAT was what we were mainly concerned with...extremely dangerous when a T&P doesn't work.
                The expansion tank is next in priority.
                As for your offer...not so fast, we can definetly use some helpful advice on internet marketing, PPC, and whats "in" as far as web pages...etc.

Comment

[quote=fronty;114438]Stay out of it.Why, Are you the ThreadMaster?You don't even know what is going on. I know exactly whats going on, I've followed this from the beginning.I don't even know who you are.I state my name, occupation, and location, which is more than I can say for you. You have like 2 posts here. Gear Junkie keeps reiterating the same crap over and over. This was through PM's, my thread, and other threads. I have moved on, and I am asking other questions without even mentioning him. Gear Junkie is the one that has moved on, he is here helping someone else. You followed him here to harass him more and to stir it up all over again. Isn't 350 posts to your thread enough.You also could be more original and not take my comment (stalking).Hows this for an original comment "Bite Me"[/quote]
                  The Other Rick

Comment

Other Rick, if you chose KissMyAss instead of bite me, you could have included a cute smiley

Joey
                    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                      At this point Bens gonna hafta watch every word he types in case it was used on that thread...for example, he typed the word "the" numerous times there..so use of that word might be construed as referrencing that thread...Ben, sorry...no more "the" in your dialogue.

Comment

Originally posted by fronty
                        Stay out of it. You don't even know what is going on. I don't even know who you are. You have like 2 posts here. Gear Junkie keeps reiterating the same crap over and over. This was through PM's, my thread, and other threads. I have moved on, and I am asking other questions without even mentioning him. You also could be more original and not take my comment (stalking).
                        Thats it,
                        I have grown tired of the whining and attacking.Fronty go take a some time off,come back and be a positive influence.Your ego is crying.

Comment

good job with th d.i.y. t&p make sure to keep an eye on it after the plumber puts in the expansion tank. they are a 1 time valve somtimes you get lucky though and they seal up. good job!
                          Mike
                          Clark County Plumbing And Drain
                          www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

Now hijacking other threads at that
                            Attached Files
                            The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Stay out of it. You don't even know what is going on. I don't even know who you are. You have like 2 posts here. Gear Junkie keeps reiterating the same crap over and over. This was through PM's, my thread, and other threads. I have moved on, and I am asking other questions without even mentioning him. You also could be more original and not take my comment (stalking).
                              Fronty doesn't even bother me anymore because I believe he actually has some medical or social disorder(not joking). I think it's pretty sad and pathetic so Fronty, please get help. You have had some long term underlying issues that flared up in our conversation. I hope you get the help you need.

Ben(just a concerned member)
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

[QUOTE=rick1643;114447]
                                Stay out of it.Why, Are you the ThreadMaster?You don't even know what is going on. I know exactly whats going on, I've followed this from the beginning.I don't even know who you are.I state my name, occupation, and location, which is more than I can say for you. You have like 2 posts here. Gear Junkie keeps reiterating the same crap over and over. This was through PM's, my thread, and other threads. I have moved on, and I am asking other questions without even mentioning him. Gear Junkie is the one that has moved on, he is here helping someone else. You followed him here to harass him more and to stir it up all over again. Isn't 350 posts to your thread enough.You also could be more original and not take my comment (stalking).Hows this for an original comment "Bite Me"[/quote]
                                Sounds good to me. Just don't copy other people. My point isn't following him here; it is they fact that he won't let it go. I have chose to ignore him. I realized this morning that every time I see him reference me, I laugh and shake my head. I actually find it amusing. I should find humor and be flattered that I affected someone so positively. Seriously, I could write a whole thread on psycho Ben and you would think he is crazy. I had a few friends read through his threads, pms, and such not telling them that I was fronty. They all thought this guy was a stalker. Nobody here knows the full story except Ben and I, which is a little scary.

EDIT: I went back and deleted all of my threads. This wasn't the proper venue to handle it. I should have contacted Josh the webmaster or called the police.
                                Last edited by fronty; 01-06-2008, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X