Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm going to daisy chain TWO on demand heaters!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to daisy chain TWO on demand heaters!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding.
    But now that I have your attention, I do have a question.
    What's the verb that describes the action where one person applies pressure with a wrench that opposes the pressure of another person trying to tighten or loosen something?
    You know, the opposing rotational force that keeps the work in place so you don't rip it off the wall or whatever.
    One of my subs said it once and I can't remember what it is.

Re: I'm going to daisy chain TWO on demand heaters!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the Aerospace Biz, we call it "Backing UP" or "Back Up Wrench".

\

Comment

Originally posted by porschedude View Post
      In the Aerospace Biz, we call it "Backing UP" or "Back Up Wrench".

\
      i guess us plumbers must be rocket scientist too

same here

rick.

now if you want my Albert Einstein answer, "for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction"

so you see, we too can talk rockets
      phoebe it is

Comment

waiting on Dunbar and Duckbutter to ask why you can't daisy chain tankless heaters...

Comment

"Daisy Chain two on demand water heaters"

Personally I think it is a great idea.

Let me know how it works out for you

Comment

Dairylander: Where were you when Fronty was asking all his questions?????

Comment

If the definition of "daisy chain" means out one and in the other.. Than what's the point.? If you paralell them then you have indeed acheived nirvana, or at least more hot water. Do it all the time in restaurants.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fronty View Post
                waiting on Dunbar and Duckbutter to ask why you can't daisy chain tankless heaters...
                You can hook multiple tankless up in series. This is how you deal with low volume such as big homes, resturants and similar establishments. Correct me if I'm wrong because I'm going by memory, but tempering valves aren't required with tankless? I don't think they are but not 100%
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                  You can hook multiple tankless up in series. This is how you deal with low volume such as big homes, resturants and similar establishments. Correct me if I'm wrong because I'm going by memory, but tempering valves aren't required with tankless? I don't think they are but not 100%
                  Most tankless's won't heat over 140...a tempering valve might be redundant.
                  Though it is a good point.

Comment

Do you mean in parallel with high volume?

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                      Most tankless's won't heat over 140...a tempering valve might be redundant.
                      Though it is a good point.

You may be right but I don't think the code (ours anyway) has an exception for tankless heaters that would allow not using a tempering valve to protect handsinks and the like.
                      ---------------
                      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                      ---------------
                      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                      ---------
                      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                      ---------
                      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Just so I'm on the same page with some of you plumbers, are you saying that people actually run tankless in series? Are you sure you do not mean parallel? I'm pretty sure no manufacturer wants 140 degree water going into their system. What water temps are you looking for, and why would you need water that hot? Is there even a manufacturer warranty that would cover such hot inlet temps? Parallel makes sense to me, but I do not find the need to run it in series. I remember I had to stop a guy from trying to setup a gas furnace/ heatpump setup. He was trying to wire it for first stage heatpump and run the gas furnace as auxiliary heat. He kept on arguing with me that it could be done and it is just like using gas instead of electric backup heat. He didn't realize they couldn't be run at the same time. He couldn't comprehend that the head pressure would go through the roof, if the gas furnace was running with the heatpump. This was a standard blow through coil setup. Well, I had to help him install a kit that used the heatpump as 1st stage heat and used the gas furnace as second stage. It would kill the heatpump before using the furnace. This was a tech friend of mine.

Comment

Do you mean in parallel with high volume?
                          Just so I'm on the same page with some of you plumbers, are you saying that people actually run tankless in series? Are you sure you do not mean parallel?
                          Give me a chance to answer. It might be parallel. I could be wrong, no big deal. I took my rinnai class about 3 months ago and forgot some details. Do you feel better now? See how fun it is to post on more than one thread?
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Give me a chance to answer. It might be parallel. I could be wrong, no big deal. I took my rinnai class about 3 months ago and forgot some details. Do you feel better now? See how fun it is to post on more than one thread?
                            I believe if you look at the Rinnai Web Site they brag about a couple of homes in the 2006 Builders Show which had their heaters installed in series to increase the capacity.

Mark
                            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                              I believe if you look at the Rinnai Web Site they brag about a couple of homes in the 2006 Builders Show which had their heaters installed in series to increase the capacity.

Mark
                              So maybe I didn't forget as much as I thought.
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                              X