Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 toilets on a 3" horizontal Line - Code Q?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 4 toilets on a 3" horizontal Line - Code Q?

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
    With all said and done, thought it best to hold off.
    Our code allows only 3 closets on a 3" main, 2 on each 3" branch.
    Thanks for clear this up for us.
    rental toilets

Comment

The engineer drew what would get approved by the city.He would not be in business if he had a reputation of repeatedly overstructuring.If you want the heater up there you should get it on the plans so it can be supported.Unless your bootlegging this whole thing then you can duct tape it over the bed,I don't care.

I'll let you search Temperature and pressure relief valve(t&p)

The PE pipe is very good product.It's not going to rot out under your concrete like black pipe.A lot of times inspectors will check for the installers proof of certification on PE.Your plumber should be fair to you for fusing a few joints in ditches you have already excavated.It's cheap like you so I think your going to like it

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
        With all said and done, thought it best to hold off.
        Our code allows only 3 closets on a 3" main, 2 on each 3" branch.
        Took care of that, I now have a 4" main, connected to the 4" clay in front of the house.

Originally posted by drtyhands
        Unless your bootlegging this whole thing then you can duct tape it over the bed,I don't care.
        No bootlegging here sir, everything is on a valid permit.

Originally posted by drtyhands
        It's cheap like you so I think your going to like it
        Wow....that almost sounds like a pot shot? If I was the quiet sensitive type I might have to go crawl in one of these holes I dug and pout for a while as that would have hurt my feelings.....lol ......actually I prefer the term "cost conscious" makes it feel a little more "politically correct".......you cranky guy you

In fact I mentioned to the engineer that I may want to put something as heavy as a water heater up in the attic, he too said that it could be done but I wanted to consult plumbers prior to committing to it to see if it was in fact a sound idea, and at that time I was still working everyday and was seriously considering tankless, but after reading a lot of posts here from both WestCoast and Rick I have come to the conclusion that they may be more trouble than they are worth.

The truth of the matter with regards to the placement of the heater above the ceiling is that there is one wall inside each office that separates the bathrooms from the main room which has an intersecting wall as well and he called out wedgeall anchors in the floor for each of these walls to ensure that the weight could safely be placed above this particular point......it's a work of art.....lol

Comment

Naw maaannn,I'm serious it's not a bad thing to call someone cheap,as long as it is said in the right tone and with a smile.To some people it's actually a compliment.Cause most of the rich guys I network with beat me on my price then take us out to dinner.

What's a wedgeall? a redhead anchor? our architects draw in anchor bolts 24" on center anymore.

Sounds like your having fun.Good luck and don't forget to keep coming back so I can yank your chain some more

ADAM

Comment

TEAM...I only mentioned my code as an afterthought...I'm 3K miles away...might as well be Mars from your perspective.
            Thats why I avoided this thread.

Comment

I understand DuckButter,
              Listen, heres the deal, I am so grateful to be getting advice from you guys its not even funny.
              I consider myself extremely fortunate to (A) be able to do this work myself as much as possible and (B) to have a place like this that I can post up a question and have several answers from people who do it for a living. THANK YOU.

So here are my questions for today if you dont mind answering them I would genuinely appreciate it!

Water Line:

(1) Am I to understand that ANY water line that is underground needs to be either soft copper from a roll and CANNOT have solder joints UNLESS they are a particular type of solder? or it can be regular hard copper line but every joint needs to be silver soldered?

(2) Can I join this soft copper tubing to my main water line with regular solder as long as the joint/union is above ground?

(3) Does this soft copper tubing need to be sleeved EVERYWHERE or just where it penetrates the concrete footing? In other words am I required to sleeve the underground portion? or just the portion that 90's up through the footing?

Gas Line:

(A) PE Line, since I want to bury the gas line up to the offices, would I attach the PE line to the existing black pipe and then run the PE line underground to the office footing and up above into the wall and then attach it to black pipe and then up to the fixture(s)?
              In other words, black pipe needs to be in the walls but PE pipe needs to be under ground and up through the footings correct?

I am having fun with this and I get a real sense of accomplishment when I get a big portion of the project done in a day like i have over the last couple/few days so again, thank you guys, very much!
              Last edited by Team Scream; 01-09-2008, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Scream View Post
                I understand DuckButter,
                Listen, heres the deal, I am so grateful to be getting advice from you guys its not even funny.
                I consider myself extremely fortunate to (A) be able to do this work myself as much as possible and (B) to have a place like this that I can post up a question and have several answers from people who do it for a living. THANK YOU.

So here are my questions for today if you dont mind answering them I would genuinely appreciate it!

Water Line:

(1) Am I to understand that ANY water line that is underground needs to be either soft copper from a roll and CANNOT have solder joints UNLESS they are a particular type of solder? or it can be regular hard copper line but every joint needs to be silver soldered? Copper underground, should be type L, but ouside of a building can be type M, solder joints are ok underground outside, must be brazed under slab, you can either use soft or hard, outside the building, soft under the slab and jointless under the slab.

(2) Can I join this soft copper tubing to my main water line with regular solder as long as the joint/union is above ground? yes, ouside of the slab or building, regular solder is fine

(3) Does this soft copper tubing need to be sleeved EVERYWHERE or just where it penetrates the concrete footing? In other words am I required to sleeve the underground portion? or just the portion that 90's up through the footing? you need to sleeve copper, drain that penetraites the slab, meaning goes up through the slab or through the foundation, all must be sleeved.

Gas Line:

(A) PE Line, since I want to bury the gas line up to the offices, would I attach the PE line to the existing black pipe and then run the PE line underground to the office footing and up above into the wall and then attach it to black pipe and then up to the fixture(s)? Are you certified to use PE pipe and install it?? Please have a licensed plumber do this as it is much more dangerouse then just waste and water lines.
                In other words, black pipe needs to be in the walls but PE pipe needs to be under ground and up through the footings correct?

I am having fun with this and I get a real sense of accomplishment when I get a big portion of the project done in a day like i have over the last couple/few days so again, thank you guys, very much!
                For your safety, I would rather not give you advice on gas, except that you should run your gas underground with scotchcoat and then once at the office, run it up and through the wall, get the idea of running gas under the slab and through footings out of your head. Also, forget about the PE pipe, unless you will have a licensed, certified installer do this part for you.
                sigpic

Robert

Comment

Thanks Robert,
                  I appreciate the safety factor!
                  I think I am going to ask the other questions in another thread as the 4 toilets on 3" line part is over and done with.
                  Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread, it is much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                  X