X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sump pump tripping circuit breaker?

My son came over this afternoon and opened the lid and removed the pump. westcoastplumber-There is a backwater valve. He could turn the blades by hand and when placed in a bucket of water the float rose. When we plugged it in, the circuit breaker flipped. The pump was a Little Giant Pump Company..Model: 10S-CIA-SFS ..catalog # 511550. What would be a replacement for this model? I don't think I want Little Giant again. Several on here have mentioned the Zoeller 267. Would that be an appropriate replacement for what I had? Any others that would work? Thanks again.
    Last edited by noname; 01-13-2008, 07:54 PM. Reason: mistyped

Comment

Originally posted by noname View Post
      My son came over this afternoon and opened the lid and removed the pump. westcoastplumber-There is a backwater valve. He could turn the blades by hand and when placed in a bucket of water the float rose. When we plugged it in, the circuit breaker flipped. The pump was a Little Giant Pump Company..Model: 10S-CIA-SFS ..catalog # 511550. What would be a replacement for this model? I don't think I want Little Giant again. Several on here have mentioned the Zoeller 267. Would that be an appropriate replacement for what I had? Any others that would work? Thanks again.

your pump is rated at 110 at 5' head

zoeller is 6240 GPH at 5', 4740 GPH at 10', 3840 GPH at 15' head, a much better pump, when you do the pump, do the backwater valve and also don't forget to drill a small hole in the discharge, before the backwater to prevent air lock.

there will be tape ont eh float that needs to be removed, with the exact size of the hole, I cannot remember right now.
      sigpic

Robert

Comment

3/16''

drill it at the level even to the top of the pump.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

There are 3 different Zoeller 267 models that are 115v: M267 automatic, BN267 automatic, N267 non-automatic. What are the differences and which one would I need? Also, when we opened the lid, we disconnected the pipes that were thru the lid..Can we reuse those including the backwater valve? I can't seem to get my pictures to attach, but if anyone would need to see them, I can email them..(if you want to PM your email, that would be fine!) I am technically challenged in addition to plumbing challenged. Thanks.

Last edited by noname; 01-14-2008, 01:14 AM. Reason: its late est

Comment

m267 is the correct one. this is a cast iron model with green epoxy paint. it's got a built in float for the switch. the bn is the brass model and you don't want to know the price of the pump. the non automatic model will only work with a control panel and floats. there are 10' cords and 25' cords.

m267 is a very popular pump here.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Use the m267 pump, change the back water valve and you can re-use the piping.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                Use the m267 pump, change the back water valve and you can re-use the piping.
                Do I definitely need to change the back water valve?

Comment

Seems kinda crazy not to when you have the thing apart does'nt it?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                    Seems kinda crazy not to when you have the thing apart does'nt it?
                    I don't know..that was why I asked. The back water valve is still connected.
                    and I would post pictures, but I can't seem to get it to work.
                    Last edited by noname; 01-14-2008, 10:50 PM. Reason: picture didn't work

Comment

I always change it, it's like a $30 part at a supply house, and zoeller makes it.

new pump, new backwater valve.
                      sigpic

Robert

Comment

Anytime I change a pump I change the backwater.Easier while your in their.

Comment

Okay, I'll add that to the list of things to buy. I appreciate all the help and comments. If I have additional ??, I'll ask. Thanks again.

Comment

my money is on the amp draw on start up..... and i also think that the impeller or something in the pump houseing could be rusted or seized
                            if u cant bedazzle em with briliance, baffle em with bulls&*t

Comment

Working...
                            X