Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Some Advice

Hi,

I have posted a few threads here regarding my sump pit problems and I am at a stage where I am going to spend a lot of money on a pump system to essentially give me peace of mind from flooding again.

One of my questions is how much water flow will a 1.5 inch discharge pipe take? ie how many gallons per minute will it handle. Reason I ask is if I buy this system then will the pipe be able to handle all the water flow it promises to pump out?

Here is the site:

http://www.floodnot.com/battery-sump...m-packages.htm

I had the rep come round to my house and he recommended it for my situation.

I have a standard sized sump pit with currently a 1/2 HP ridgid AC pump and a basic Basement Watchdog.

If this system goes in it will bring my sump pit to three pumps with a gathered capability if all running of around 6000 GPH, would a 1.5 inch pipe be able to cope with that flow or should I change my configuration to 2 inch?

Many thanks for all your help again!!

Re: Need Some Advice

I haven't posted in any of your thread topics before but I can't see how you are in the position to need this much flow removal at one time.

I would go with a Zoeller M267 sewage ejector pump which is ported for 2",

Then buy the highest level Basement Watchdog they offer with the long standby time.

If you need more than the above, you need oars for your boat. I install Zoeller M53's with the "emergency" basement watchdog, the simplest of the three *yellow* and I have yet to see where either one of those pumps didn't make up for the other.

Have you seen the velocity of yellow basement watchdog? That little pump throttles the water out of the pit and fast.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
      I haven't posted in any of your thread topics before but I can't see how you are in the position to need this much flow removal at one time.

I would go with a Zoeller M267 sewage ejector pump which is ported for 2",

Then buy the highest level Basement Watchdog they offer with the long standby time.

If you need more than the above, you need oars for your boat. I install Zoeller M53's with the "emergency" basement watchdog, the simplest of the three *yellow* and I have yet to see where either one of those pumps didn't make up for the other.

Have you seen the velocity of yellow basement watchdog? That little pump throttles the water out of the pit and fast.
      This is for possible run off water as I have had a backwater valve installed and it is not for sewage. The last time we flooded we had a combination of city lift pump electrical failure leading to sewage backing up our basement toilet and incredible runoff as our AC pump was disabled by the power cut. I have a generator now but I need peace of mind with a system that will work if I'm not at home to turn the generator on if power fails. I want my sump pit to be able to not be swamped by these storms as I have just refinished my basement, not to mention the sheer mental, physical and fiscal nightmares that these storms bring.

My wife even mentioned this morning that I was talking in my sleep last night about the floor getting wet, arggggggghhh. I need this to be fixed as I will lose my mind if my basement gets flooded again.

We had to take up to four feet of drywall down all over the basement after our last flood and we have finally got our living space back again.

Please help.

Comment

Originally posted by Sump Stumped View Post
        This is for possible run off water as I have had a backwater valve installed and it is not for sewage
        I should say that the sump pit is for ground water not sewage, I have had a backwater valve fitted to lessen the risk of city sewage coming back into my house.

Comment

After cogitating your post would it be wise then to place a Zoeller sewage ejector pump with a 2" ejector in my sump pit as opposed to a normal sump water pump?

I am considering keeping the Ridgid 1/2 HP AC pump and fitting a 'Big Dog' down there too, unless you can give me better advice of course.

Comment

I mentioned the M267 series sewage ejector pump for dewatering in your case for the sole reason of rapid removal of water. The M53 will work great for your application but I'm just mentioning the larger pump for quicker evacuation of water.

A sewage ejector is designed to macerate solids and paper, you can imagine how well it works in clear water. Who knows; if by chance your basement backs up again, you'll be able to push the solids into the pit with no problem; the pump will take it.

I understand your fear of a repeat; just remember that those backwater valves are not foolproof; it relies on a swinging plate inside that valve. If toilet paper or solids are midway inside that valve, and flow reverses back without the ability to shut, you'll have what you had before. That's reality unless they've made a better mousetrap that hard forces that valve shut by mechanical means. I didn't fully read your situation, just keywording.
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Working...
            X