Help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!

I have a plastic push/pull water valve under my sink. This valve is for the dishwasher supply hose. The hose has a threaded connection @ the dishwasher, but not at the valve. It appears to be pressure fitted at the valve. The hose leaked and needs to be replaced.

How do I remove that pressure fitted connection @ the valve? I've tried twisting it off, but it just spins, I've tried to pull it off, but I don't want to pull to hard in fear of breaking that cheap plastic valve.

Thanks.

Re: Help!

the ones i'm some what familiar with require you to unscrew in a pulling motion and it should start to unwind.

you can always cut it off if the copper is long enough to attach the new compression valve to.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Rick,

I think I actually found the name of the valve. It's a flow-tite? Do you know anything about these?

From what I could tell, the whole valve has to be replaced instead of just replacing the hose.

How easy is it to take this valve off and put on a traditional valve?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by quimby View Post
        Rick,

I think I actually found the name of the valve. It's a flow-tite? Do you know anything about these?

From what I could tell, the whole valve has to be replaced instead of just replacing the hose.

How easy is it to take this valve off and put on a traditional valve?

Thanks

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13420

I got my two cents in on this thread, maybe 4.
        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

What's the valve attached to, copper, cpvc, pex, ?. At any rate you have to shut off the water main, drain the pressure off, remove the old valve (cut it off) and replace it and the supply tube. If you have cpvc you can glue a new one on (use cpvc glue only) if it's pex or polybutylene you need a Quest type, plastic compression valve (or rent the right pex tool) If it's copper and you can't swett a joint, you can get a 1/2 compression x 3/8 angle stop. Fairly easy job, Have fun.
          sigpic

Comment

A picture would be nice.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
            X