X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Kitchen sink distance from vents

I'm doing a kitchen remodel. My existing sink is in the corner right next to the vent stack. I'm keeping a small prep sink there but I am rearranging my kitchen so that the main sink and the adjacent dishwasher are about 10 feet away -- that is 10 feet away from the vent pipes. So what do I do? It would be very difficult and costly to run a new vent up through two floors of my house. How can I tie into that vent without an AVV(?) valve? Can I use the type of installation that I've seen used in kitchen islands -- that is, looping the air vent six inches above the drain and then just running a 10-foot run to the stack? Can I run an air vent above the sink, up the wall, and then across the ceiling to the stack 10' away? Any help would be appreciated.

Re: New Kitchen sink distance from vents

Run 3" over to it
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by johneel View Post
      I'm doing a kitchen remodel. My existing sink is in the corner right next to the vent stack. I'm keeping a small prep sink there but I am rearranging my kitchen so that the main sink and the adjacent dishwasher are about 10 feet away -- that is 10 feet away from the vent pipes. So what do I do? It would be very difficult and costly to run a new vent up through two floors of my house. How can I tie into that vent without an AVV(?) valve? Can I use the type of installation that I've seen used in kitchen islands -- that is, looping the air vent six inches above the drain and then just running a 10-foot run to the stack? Can I run an air vent above the sink, up the wall, and then across the ceiling to the stack 10' away? Any help would be appreciated.
      Each State is different and "DuckButter" is probably the best to answer your question as he is licensed in your State. The hardest part of relocating your sink should be the drain and waste not the vent. Depending on the overall developed height of the vent you should be able to run the vent horizontally in the ceiling once you are 6" above the flood rim of the fixture.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

ToUtahNow
        Unless things have changed, Mass code doesn't let anyone other than a Licensed plumber pull a permit witch is required for any plumbing work (with the exception of faucet and fixture repair and drain cleaning). If I understand the poster is asking about using a mechanical vent and/or a bow vent. Both need special permission above and beyond a plumbing permit.
        My guess is the permit holder will come up with a good way to run the vent back across the ceiling and into the stack, assuming no fixtures are dumping in above it. But what do I know I'm 1400 miles away.
        Mike

Comment

Working...
        X