Clear All

Re: I think i'm ready for INSPECTION ! - pics

Just a joke. I imagine Josh's pm box got full in 2 minutes. lol
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
      LOOKS GREAT!!!!!

Scream....Cut that dang form out under the cleanout so you can get the form off the pipe after the pour
      DUDE!
      I am so glad you mentioned that.
      I guess worst case I could have cut the 90 off there and slipped the form off and used a coupling to put it back together which is probably how i am going to do it anyway now that I think about it.
      I guess I could try some creative sawzall navigating tocut the bottom of the form out now......see it is the little things like that I miss as a DIY'r
      Thanks for the heads up DH!

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

i still feel the flat is an issue. it is required to be on a 45 or greater angle.
      i would install a cleanout on the 2'' vent and hope the inspector is not a real plumbing inspector. if that line ever plugs due to a stoppage, you'll have no functioning vent.
      Dont forget the 2" vent for the lav which is on the branch right below the flat, worst case that vent will also allow the toilet to vent wont it?

Thanks for the votes of confidence guys, we will see tomorrow morning, I will definitely post up results.....either I get my inspection card signed or I have to change some things....one way or the other you guys will know how it works out tomorrow as soon as I do. ::
      Last edited by Team Scream; 01-14-2008, 08:53 PM.

Comment

I'm gonna be watching you from over the fence over the fence.Trust me,cut the form.Once you start pulling a few forms that are sandwiched between the footing and the excess that pushes out from underneath you'll thank me.

Comment

Pretty clean for a part timer. That 2" vent looks less than 45 degrees up ,like Rick said ,I see 180 degrees on the 1 clean out. Why is Rick the only one to catch this?
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

your not trying to tell us you want to dump the lav into the toilet vent are you.I don't speak homeowner,sorry

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
              Pretty clean for a part timer. That 2" vent looks less than 45 degrees up ,like Rick said ,I see 180 degrees on the 1 clean out. Why is Rick the only one to catch this?
              Far from it Tool

Comment

Far from it Tool
                "GOTCHA"

Comment

Originally posted by Team Scream View Post
                  Hey PC, glad you mentioned that, in fact I did just that.
                  Each office has a 4" piece of ABS around the 3"waste line where it will penetrate the foundation.
                  If you look closely at the wide tie in view you can just make it out on the east office.
                  Yea now I see it... duh

Here, our sleeves would have to be 2 pipe diameters larger but for I doubt he'll call you on it.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                    Yea now I see it... duh

Here, our sleeves would have to be 2 pipe diameters larger but for I doubt he'll call you on it.
                    Sooo what do you sleeve with when a pipe and fitting rolls up a footing into a wall

Comment

Sooo what do you sleeve with when a pipe and fitting rolls up a footing into a wall
                      More concrete

Only need a sleeve where passing through or under a footing

You can't protect every fitting from stress

Comment

Glad to see your sense of humor Crack.On raised foundation we sleeve as well.Then plumb through after floor joist before floor sheating.

Comment

Dont forget the 2" vent for the lav which is on the branch right below the flat, worst case that vent will also allow the toilet to vent wont it?

Thanks for the votes of confidence guys, we will see tomorrow morning, I will definitely post up results.....either I get my inspection card signed or I have to change some things....one way or the other you guys will know how it works out tomorrow as soon as I do. ::
                          yes it will in theory. but not in code

it too is considered flat and when the toilet vent plugs, the lav draining can create a negative pressure and siphon the toilet trap.

your job is as good as any homeowner or plumber so far keep up the great work

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                            yes it will in theory. but not in code

it too is considered flat and when the toilet vent plugs, the lav draining can create a negative pressure and siphon the toilet trap.

your job is as good as any homeowner or plumber so far keep up the great work

rick.
                            Ok, I have to stop posting here because every time I do, I get conflicting clues from you guys and it scares me to death,
                            I am already a nervous wreck with this thing and have spent more time dicking around with this plumbing stuff it makes my head spin.

If this guy calls me on those flat vents I am going to throw dirt at him and squirt him with the hose.

I can see him requiring me to put another clean out in front of the east office because of the bends but those flat vents are a pain in the ***, that will be the 3rd time I will have had to do it if he calls me on it.

Im out until after I get past this crap, you guys are hard on my nervous system now.

P.S. thanks Rick! I appreciate the good words....and everyone elses words as well, DH has me all worked up now, I wont sleep tonight.

Comment

LOOKS GREAT!!!!!

Robert,He's got the wye and 1/16th kicked up as high as possible without getting into the 4" slab.An inspector should see this.And appreciate the fact that it's higher than most guys who tell their significant others they are plumbers

Concrete is not allowed to come in contact with pipe.P-crack we don't sleeve in this scenario we wrap with foam.Kindof hard to do all the other pipes in the footings with sleeve.

Scream....Cut that dang form out under the cleanout so you can get the form off the pipe after the pour

I still don't think it is above center line and kicked up enough.

grade is not an issue as he could have gone further down the line if needed, it's not like he was at the 6 x 4

C/o's are always great, the more the better, it never hurts to have a c/o.
                              sigpic

Robert

Comment

Im out until after I get past this crap, you guys are hard on my nervous system now.
                                In that case, I hope my hubby is wrong about your flat vent. . .so your poop floats all the way down the line
                                Last edited by MrsSeatDown; 01-14-2008, 10:48 PM.
                                I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Working...
                                X