Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think i'm ready for INSPECTION ! - pics

Ok fellas, here we go.
    I took everyones advice.
    I replaced the 3" closet bends with 4x3 closet bends.
    I replaced the flat vent (3x2 wye) and rolled them up A LOT more.
    I bit the bullet and bought a long 3" test balloon (glad I did this).
    I "shaded" all the pipe as much as I thought would be good.
    I cleaned the dirt as much as I could where I "shaded" the pipes.
    I did a full test run by filling the flat vent until water came out of the closet bends at first, then I capped those off and kept filling until water came out of BOTH offices flat vents which I have 10 feet of vertical pipe above the finished floor of the offices.

I then released the air and pulled the plug and it all drained out perfectly!

I called for inspection and am scheduled for tomorrow morning sometime.
    Keep your fingers crossed for me PLEASE!

Heres some pictures.

This one is the WEST OFFICE from the back, you can see all of the fittings here, the perspective is way off because I was using a 10mm lens.

East office rear same concept, but wide perspective, as an example the back of the house here is 45 feet wide and you can see the whole thing.

West office front side looking back.

East office front side looking back.

The TIE IN wide shot.

My test balloon ready for action.

Ok guys, tell me what you will, I did the best I could with what I had to work with, it drains properly, I have the right size fittings, and while I agree that it could have been routed a little differently, I think it should work fine forever, there is plenty but not too much slope, there are only 2 bends after the closet bend totaling 45 degrees so the crap is not on a "roller coaster" in the east office and there is only (1) 22 degree bend after the closet bend for the west office so it is a pretty straight shot to the 4" main for both offices.

Let er rip......tell me what you think, I am pretty damn happy with myself as I am sure this would have been a $2500.00 or more event had I had a licensed pro do it for me?

I would be really interested in hearing what you guys would have charged me to come and do this including replacing the 3" main with the 4" like I did.
    Give me estimates if you would please?

And dont worry, I will be around for a while here, I like this place and I have a lot more to do so thanks again for having me!
    Last edited by Team Scream; 01-14-2008, 08:34 PM.

Re: I think i'm ready for INSPECTION ! - pics

Looks great, like the shading and all, clean, question though,

Did you grade your flat vent back towards the drain a 1/4", it looks flat, maybe just the picture.

Does not look quite like 60 degrees, or above center line.

Good job, can't wait to see pics of the water and the gas!!
    sigpic

Robert

Comment

I like it

I would have put a sleeve around the pipe where it goes through foundation but you look ok.

Comment

Yes they (flat vents) are sloped.

I decided last minute to bring the water and gas in above ground, I just dont want to have to jump through huge hoops to pull that off and since I have plenty of room on each side near the EOL cleannouts I decided to go that route just today in fact.
        I figure it will be much easier to put shutoff valves for each office on the side near the rear of the building where nobody will really see them and that way I dont have to have a supply line encased in concrete in the event of an issue down the line.
        The other reason was so that I could T off of the supply line after it leaves the house and hit each office independently instead of looping through one office to the next that way you wont hear water in the pipes in one office when the other office uses the toilet for example.

The other thing is that I did not want to be forced to install a water heater in the attic, this way I can install them outside each unit if I really want/need to.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
          I like it

I would have put a sleeve around the pipe where it goes through foundation but you look ok.
          Hey PC, glad you mentioned that, in fact I did just that.
          Each office has a 4" piece of ABS around the 3"waste line where it will penetrate the foundation.
          If you look closely at the wide tie in view you can just make it out on the east office.

Comment

LOOKS GREAT!!!!!

Robert,He's got the wye and 1/16th kicked up as high as possible without getting into the 4" slab.An inspector should see this.And appreciate the fact that it's higher than most guys who tell their significant others they are plumbers

Concrete is not allowed to come in contact with pipe.P-crack we don't sleeve in this scenario we wrap with foam.Kindof hard to do all the other pipes in the footings with sleeve.

Scream....Cut that dang form out under the cleanout so you can get the form off the pipe after the pour

Comment

I have no idea about plumbing whatsoever but everything looks pretty keen with the water flowing and whatnot.

Best part is the California landscape........considering I'm currently watching the snow fall.........
              I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

You are over your 135 degrees of aggregate change of direction.He may make you move your cleanout upstream to the form outside the office before that 45.
                Last edited by drtyhands; 01-14-2008, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Good enough for government work. lol Looks great, couple things we would do different here but looks good overall. Great pics, thanks for the updates. Welcome to the forum(I know I'm late but I see you'll be here awhile).
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Make sure you put enough flex-wrap around the closet riser to get your ring on after concrete.They also make a fabricated cardboard you can slide down over the 4",you may have to remove the jim cap.

Comment

either you guys have computer vision, or the pictures have been removed?

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.
                        Rick, I think you must be spending too much time on the wrong kind of web sites and your better half has turned off image display in your browser. :-)

Everything appears normal here, all photos posted are visible.
                        ---------------
                        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                        ---------------
                        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                        ---------
                        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                        ---------
                        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

To much methane today Rick?

Comment

guys, both joey and i saw no pictures. 2 minutes later they appear

i still feel the flat is an issue. it is required to be on a 45 or greater angle.

i would install a cleanout on the 2'' vent and hope the inspector is not a real plumbing inspector. if that line ever plugs due to a stoppage, you'll have no functioning vent.

you can never have enough cleanouts

now if you don't believe me, then you don't believe joey either. (pictures).

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.
                              You need to have professional membership to see the pics. Josh already sent the password out to all of us. You didn't get one? Interesting.
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                              X