Tee for venting 3" drain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tee for venting 3" drain

Is a 3 x 3 x 2 sanitary tee on its back acceptable to connect a 2" vent line into the top side of a 3" drain line, or do I have to use a 3" vent tee and bushing, or a combo wye? This will be about 4' from a toilet. UPC applies.

Re: Tee for venting 3" drain

Originally posted by dmaceld View Post
    Is a 3 x 3 x 2 sanitary tee on its back acceptable to connect a 2" vent line into the top side of a 3" drain line, or do I have to use a 3" vent tee and bushing, or a combo wye? This will be about 4' from a toilet. UPC applies.
    A sanitary tee is only legal when it is installed vertically. You will need to use a 3X2 Wye and 1/8th bend or Combi.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
      A sanitary tee is only legal when it is installed vertically. You will need to use a 3X2 Wye and 1/8th bend or Combi.

Mark
      I take it a vent tee is not OK for this. If not, how is a vent tee usually used?

Comment

Originally posted by dmaceld View Post
        I take it a vent tee is not OK for this. If not, how is a vent tee usually used?
        In a vertical position.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Thanks. I'll plan on using a combi.

Comment

A sanitary T can indeed be placed horizontally if the tee outlet is used soley as a DRY vent. No waste may enter the vertical vent
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
              A sanitary T can indeed be placed horizontally if the tee outlet is used soley as a DRY vent. No waste may enter the vertical vent
              Any chance of a code citation? It seems like I read this somewhere the past couple of days but I can't find it now. I don't have a copy of the UPC but I've got the Code Check book and several chapters of the 2004 Pre-print version of the UPC, but I don't find it it those.

Comment

Dmaceld ,Why not spend another $1.50 and go combo? A little sweep is good . In addition to the UPC, I don't know which code Your area accepts,Cities can have Their own amendments to it! Also ,different inspectors have Their own IDEAS what They like. Be wise,good luck
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                X